the start of my armor(new pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

paradoxdj

hey,

i started this on monday and in like 5 days i finished this (its only made of paper so far)... the battle rifle was a project i did a while ago with 4 layers of cardboard and a layer or two of black hockey tape to strengthen and color it.
also i have a question on scaling a pistol file that i got.(its way to big)
here's a link to the file that i have http://www.4shared.com/file/25322996/20ca6...pdated.html?s=1

the original magazine (unscaled) stands almost 8 inches tall (close to 19.5 cm)... how much should i scale it down?

*edit*

well iv done some work on it and iv finished some more pieces, but i don't think i'm gonna take anymore pictures of me wearing it until the armor's done (it keeps ripping) but this is what i'v got so far

i'v actually finished almost the full armor but as i said im not gonna wear it till in done

*edit2*
well i figured out hoe to get the armor on without it ripping and i got a pic and a video with it on.

it looks pretty good, although i'm not sure using the hockey tape was a good idea, because the tape collects fuzz or lint really quick. ( i know, i made wolverine claws in old work gloves and covered the work gloves in hockey tape and now they are all fuzzy.) to keep the tape from getting all fuzzy you could spray paint it.

AoBfrost said:
I didnt show off my armor till I was done

But heck thats ok, progress shots are always good to see.
true but what would be good is people who finish and show off... that way it will look really good and we dont have to wait forever for a new post

Last edited by a moderator:
lizander said:
it looks pretty good, although i'm not sure using the hockey tape was a good idea, because the tape collects fuzz or lint really quick. ( i know, i made wolverine claws in old work gloves and covered the work gloves in hockey tape and now they are all fuzzy.) to keep the tape from getting all fuzzy you could spray paint it.

well the tape hasn't really collected anything so i think its doing well, but if it does get bad then i will just make a better one (that one is too thin)

-paradoxdj

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back