The Start of Something BIG!!!

SSGLordBert

Member DIN
S207
Hello everyone! So now that c2e2 2024 has come and went and i have taken a small break away from the printing and hustle bustle of armor smithing... I am back at it. Now i am starting not one but THREE armors. One for myself, SSGLordErne, and SSGLordElmo. Some of you may know what i am going to be starting because we are excited to do it, but for those of you who dont... Omega Team... pulled from concept drawings, not the infinite in game skins. Personally I think the concept drawings from halo wars look more BA so thats what we are going for.
omega.jpg

Blue Robert025.jpg
Yellow Leon 011.jpg
Red August 099.jpg

Elmo being Robert, Erne being Leon, and myself being August. We are going to strive a for as much movement as possible in these armors as well, so we will be shooting for using some foam craft on top of my typical 3d printing. Ive already reached out to OFiveTwo on tips and tricks for printing the armor because i plan on using his style of setup just because its AWESOME! And then I have also reached out to Spidermonkey60 and NobleofDeath16 about possibly helping with foam crafting certain pieces.

Now this wont be pulling me away form upgrading my ranger spartan, which is already in works with new boots and upgraded shoulders, but it will be taking up some time to test boots and stuff like that. Goal for this trio is HCS or Torg in october or November. Once I get to work, I hope can get it done by then. If any others reading this would like to contribute thoughts, tips, or assistance in foam craft, please dont hesitate to reach out. I already have the general plan for everything. I just need to execute it.

Updates will always come as they happen!!

Hello everyone! So now that c2e2 2024 has come and went and i have taken a small break away from the printing and hustle bustle of armor smithing... I am back at it. Now i am starting not one but THREE armors. One for myself, SSGLordErne, and SSGLordElmo. Some of you may know what i am going to be starting because we are excited to do it, but for those of you who dont... Omega Team... pulled from concept drawings, not the infinite in game skins. Personally I think the concept drawings from halo wars look more BA so thats what we are going for. View attachment 348179
View attachment 348178View attachment 348181View attachment 348180

Elmo being Robert, Erne being Leon, and myself being August. We are going to strive a for as much movement as possible in these armors as well, so we will be shooting for using some foam craft on top of my typical 3d printing. Ive already reached out to OFiveTwo on tips and tricks for printing the armor because i plan on using his style of setup just because its AWESOME! And then I have also reached out to Spidermonkey60 and NobleofDeath16 about possibly helping with foam crafting certain pieces.

Now this wont be pulling me away form upgrading my ranger spartan, which is already in works with new boots and upgraded shoulders, but it will be taking up some time to test boots and stuff like that. Goal for this trio is HCS or Torg in october or November. Once I get to work, I hope can get it done by then. If any others reading this would like to contribute thoughts, tips, or assistance in foam craft, please dont hesitate to reach out. I already have the general plan for everything. I just need to execute it.

Updates will always come as they happen!!
These look super awesome Bert, can't wait to see them up close

::update:: 5/26/24

Small slow update, but these things I’m trying take time to do. I’ve been talking to 052 and some of the thing he did. I’m going to try and see how printing boots shins and waist in TPU would do. And so far in this amount time I’ve gotten 2 whole shins and a boot and half done. Technically a half a boot because of the quality of the first boot because I didn’t dial it in correctly.
IMG_3878.jpeg

The one on the left is printed in one go on my big printer but I didn’t get it dialed in from when I modified it. And the right piece is printed on my bambu. I think I’ll do all smaller TPU prints on my bambu just because of the quality. Oh and the time to print. That same piece on my piece on my big printer takes 8 days… and my bambu is 2.5 days. So… yeah. I’m also needing to take in consideration I’m printing 3 suits too.

IMG_3872.jpeg

IMG_3873.jpeg

Then the helmet is almost done. Well the first one anyway. I gotta say Titlewave makes some good stuff! Their pro series version of helmets has a cool feature to where they are all interchangeable with one another with a helmet insert. Pretty cool stuff.
IMG_3810.jpeg
IMG_3811.jpeg

So all you have to interior helmet is 10x3mm magnets. And it’ll snap inside all their other pro series shells.

IMG_3874.jpeg
IMG_3875.jpeg

IMG_3876.jpeg

Alright that’s in for now. I’ll keep you posted

Attachments

• IMG_3877.jpeg
    IMG_3877.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 16
Already coming along nicely. You'll have to keep us updated on how the TPU parts do as you print them. Planning the same thing for my next build, and first planned to be fully printed.

::update:: 5/30/24

One whole boot had been printed and tested. TPU seems to be good. With a 30% infill it’s a little heavier than a regular shoe… but I think it’s good. Thoughts? Should I take it done to 25% and see how that does?

Also, helmet is now done printing. I’ve got the magnets in it and have already added the sound amp wires to prep for everything. Took apart an old set of headphones and and just using an amp from my blue ranger helmet. Now to prep the foam and then visor

IMG_3882.jpeg
IMG_3883.jpeg
IMG_3884.jpeg
IMG_3885.jpeg

i was more so thinking for flex. its pretty stiff as well.
Oh, in that case you could probably bump it down to 20% without compromising overall integrity. What’s your perimeter count (walls, top/bottom layers)?

It may also just be that the geometry of the model itself doesn’t lend well to flexing if it wasn’t designed with TPU in mind.

Oh, in that case you could probably bump it down to 20% without compromising overall integrity. What’s your perimeter count (walls, top/bottom layers)?

It may also just be that the geometry of the model itself doesn’t lend well to flexing if it wasn’t designed with TPU in mind.
Im using 2 walls, rectilinear infill, and 3 bottom layers. And I think the designer had TPU in mind because he had both options in his notepad file. But no instructions on recommended settings. I went with what 052 was using and decided to play with it from there. I think Im going to bump it down to 25 for the next boot and see how it works. Since i have 5 more to print in total.... this will be fun. lol

::update:: 6/4/24

Small update here. Since you takes a min to print I have made much progress in the preparation side of things. But I did manage to get a few things going.

Got fans and sound added to my helmet. All tested and working. Fans make a small vibration noise. So I might swap them for less “cheap fans.”
IMG_3905.jpeg

IMG_3918.jpeg

Now with the TPU prints I have done, I’ve started in on finishing them up and painting them. Matching paint was actually pretty quick once I took the image to Menards. I only got my paint for AUGUST not for the others and I think it’s coming quite nice.

IMG_3920.jpeg

IMG_3921.jpeg

Now once I got things coated in flex primer, I moved on to the base paint. Everything is currently in drying phase.
IMG_3925.jpeg

IMG_3926.jpeg
IMG_3927.jpeg

IMG_3929.jpeg

Slowly but surely getting there

Attachments

• IMG_3928.jpeg
    IMG_3928.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 9
::update:: 6/8/24

Boom! And just like that, my helmet is done. And paint jobs on one shin and stuff with weathering complete.

IMG_3941.jpeg
IMG_3942.jpeg
IMG_3943.jpeg
IMG_3944.jpeg
IMG_3945.jpeg
IMG_3946.jpeg

Now waiting on a few things to finish printing. L and R thigh are printing simultaneously on both my Elegoo printers and my final boot is printing. Need to reprint the belt because scaling was off. Printed a little small. But maybe it’ll fit SSGLordErne for his. I’ve got everything separated up in bambu studio, I just need to print it.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back