The Steps for Resin and Bondo

Status
Not open for further replies.

LARSONnine

What exactly are the steps for doing the resin and the bondo? I'm confused with the process, or actually what comes first the resin and then the bondo or vice versa? I'm a noob at this, so I'd appreciate anybody's help.

1. Resin the outside of the armor. Just cover the paper in fiberglass resin (with hardener of course) and let it dry.

2. Fiberglass the inside. Smear some resin around, lay down some fiberglass cloth, some more resin, repeat. Then let it dry.

3. Cut away the excess fiberglass strands, and smooth and large bumps.

4. Apply bondo paste, and let it dry. Shape bondo by sanding and filing.

Resin half of the peice you are doing, set non resin side on news paper outside in the hotsun. Do 2-3 peices at a time.

Set out for 2-3 hours for a complete hard cure.

Do the other side of the 2-3 peices you worked on. Leth those sit out for another 2-3 hours.

The next day or same day, resin the inside of each peice, you can do the entire inside because the outside wont be sticky and wont be tuching the news paper. Let those sit in the sun for 2-3 hours, then flip over for the other side of the inside to get some light contact.

once inside and out are coasted once, resin the outside again with 1 more coat, douing half of each peice, sit in sun for 2-3 hours, do other side, once cured, you probably need to go to sleep if you did all this in one day lol.

Then get some spray adhesive and spray a peice of fiberglass cloth, stick it on the inside of the armor and let it dry, then resin over the fiberglass with 1 coat.

If you did all that, you can sand the outside now and remove drops of resin, clumps, make it smooth.

Gokussj5okazu said:
1. Resin the outside of the armor. Just cover the paper in fiberglass resin (with hardener of course) and let it dry.

2. Fiberglass the inside. Smear some resin around, lay down some fiberglass cloth, some more resin, repeat. Then let it dry.

3. Cut away the excess fiberglass strands, and smooth and large bumps.

4. Apply bondo paste, and let it dry. Shape bondo by sanding and filing.

THANK YOU!! That's exactly what I wanted to know . . . you the s#!t brother!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back