Thebradinatorrr's Odst W.i.p

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey 405th! i know that i have been a member for only one day but i have been working on many things. my current project is the halo 3 ODST helmet and armor. First things first, the helm. i hope that this vid gives you a good idea on what it will look like when it is done.

thanks

Brad

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fo3si4e9shk[/media]

video isn't working for me. But from the looks of your avatar I'm sure it looks good. I'll check back later. :)

The vid works if you go to youtube to watch it. The embedding my not be working just yet if it is a newly uploading video.

Anyway about the helm. Looks good from what I can see in the video. I have encountered some of the same problems that you have in regards to the jaw vent piece but you seem to have handled it as for the bit on the side you could probably handle it the same way just cut a bit of cardboard and stick it on.

P32 said:
The vid works if you go to youtube to watch it. The embedding my not be working just yet if it is a newly uploading video.

Anyway about the helm. Looks good from what I can see in the video. I have encountered some of the same problems that you have in regards to the jaw vent piece but you seem to have handled it as for the bit on the side you could probably handle it the same way just cut a bit of cardboard and stick it on.

Ok thanks. thats a good idea

Last edited by a moderator:
Well i got my respirator working so i decided to dremel the top!

this is me dremeling the top

and this is the top done (done dremeling) and primed

[attachment=12437:4 405 4.jpg]

i get my blue motorcycle visor in the mail today and i plan on cutting and bending it into shape with heat gun like the one guy did with his!

Hey All! i am Done with my ODST helm except for the detail lines and the visor. like i said earlier, i have a blue motorcycle visor coming in so when i get it, i will make a vid to show you how i do it!

the stripe in the middle is OD Green! criticism welcome!

Looks quite nice! I like the green stripe! (a nice step away from the usual white and red stripes!)

BTW it looks like certain details are raised up a bit (chin). Is that correct?

Cheers!

Sniperbaas392 said:
Looks quite nice! I like the green stripe! (a nice step away from the usual white and red stripes!)

BTW it looks like certain details are raised up a bit (chin). Is that correct?

Cheers!

yes, they are ment to be that way. i tried to do the chin like a really good one that i saw on this sight.

TheBradinatorrr said:
yes, they are ment to be that way. i tried to do the chin like a really good one that i saw on this sight.

Sweet! They look pretty bad@$$ btw. Must have taken a bit of patience. lol

Cheers!

We sound alike..

Just thought you ought to know.

Anyway! Helmet looks great, and I like that color of visor.

And I'll go ahead and say it, spot putty. Lol. I do like that interesting texture that it's got, but to the experienced prop maker on here, it just looks like you didn't spot putty it. If you're thinking of molding it and selling casts, I would definitely do that step. Artistic license is great, but for the masses.. you know what they're like. Hah.

Good idea on the gauntlets, by the way.

Looking forward to seeing the rest of your build.

Hey 405th!

UPDATE TIME!!

now that i am done with my ODST helmet, i am now slowly working on my ODST armor. this vid shows what i have so far! constructive criticism welcome!!

Brad

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-Q7rGRo8kk[/media]

Funny thing is I never have respirator or anything during sanding, I forget.. A lot, lol.

Nothing bad happened to me though. Looking good.

Here is an update on my ODST armor. i have everything done excep the cod and thys. here is what it looks like on Haloween 09!

[attachment=13184:Halo 3 ODST Armor.jpg]

This is the pick that i will hang up on my wall above

Thanks and tell me whacha think!

Brad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back