Thicker Resin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Excallibacca

Jr Member
Alright, while searching around on Amazon, i found this stuff http://www.amazon.com/Chemical-77071-Fiberglass-Resin-Hardener/dp/B0016GXL76/ref=pd_bxgy_auto_img_c

It is described as follows: "The no sag, no shrink, and no rot formula makes it ideal..." etc.

I was wondering if anybody has ever tried this stuff and if it works? It says it dries faster. Also, if it's thicker, I was thinking that might help prevent the piece getting water-logged and warping.

If no one else has, I might grab some of this since it's only $13 and try it out on my size tester torso.

Feel free to compare, but I doubt that it will make any noticeable difference. Keep in mind that the (incomplete, by the way!) description is the usual marketing-babble. Dump some thixotropic agent and/or fillers into any other resin and you get the exact same result. If you're laminating your model, the thixotropic agent is the better choice, because it prevents the resin from running down vertical surfaces without making it more viscous, which means it'll be easier to apply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back