This will change the way work is done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've used this stuff before... actually when I was a kid.. they used to call it 'Friendly Plastic"

I could see some uses for it... but it does get pretty sticky when heated.

xalener said:
http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?Module...e=2&doy=8m1It looks really good from what I've seen done with it. I think it's also reusable.
I found this on another site like this one that is dedicated to making predator costumes. Great stuff there.

http://www.thehunterslair.com/index.php?

This site has ways to do animatronics and soft skin for those few with the elite aspirations.

I love you. :heart:

The skin will help so much my baby elite cutey pie!!! :mrgreen:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sean Bradley said:
I've used this stuff before... actually when I was a kid.. they used to call it 'Friendly Plastic"

I could see some uses for it... but it does get pretty sticky when heated.

Exactly. I dont care to much for it. As for gap filler, I wouldnt recommend it, if your helmet is in a transportation bin or anything for that matter that is made of or has this stuff as a part of it, it will get sticky. Just a word for the wise.

Last edited by a moderator:
This stuff is basically ultra low-temp thremalforming plastic, so it's a heat issue. You put it in boiling water, it gets soft and sticky.

Now imagine you've stored it in an attic or the trunk of a car on a hot day.

Oh noes! :shock:

Still it is a quick and reasonable method for shaping a plastic part. I don't believe it would be good for coating helmets or pepakura though. It's far too difficult to smooth.

It should work for armour thats kept on a shaded stand, unless you wear it on a hot day while exercising, in which case it wouldn't be impossible for it to reach 62^o in ur armour, if you had some robust undersuiting... wearing a suit of semi-liquid plastic in the hot sun isnt on my to-do list, but for taking molds of things, i imagine this is g0dsend...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back