Thor movie helmet wip

Status
Not open for further replies.

dung0beetle

I've been gone a while, but I'm still here.
This is a new request.
tumblr_llmyq0bUzz1qk0gkmo1_400.png

Modeling: day 1

Modeling: day 2

The wing base will be regular pepakura cardstock, but the floating faces on the wings will be for craft foam. There is a slight indentation in the cheek pieces that will need to be made more subtle using body filler. I'm leaving out the details above the brow because they would be so simple to scribe into body filler and would be a pain to pep.

I'm trying to make it as accurate as possible, but that's proving difficult as this helmet has very small and subtle bevels. I'm trying to model it to accommodate body filler to tone down the bevels that were modeled for an easier build. I'm not usually worried about being so accurate, but there's a very accurate (for a toy) helmet for just over $20 for sale online here: http://www.partybell.com/p-18723-thor-movie-thor-helmet-adult.aspx
I want mine to be more accurate since the materials to make it cost about the same as the toy.

I'll have an accurate Mjolnir zipped with the helmet upon release.
This will probably be the last request I will fill before focusing on my leather work. I need to get stock made for a renaissance festival.

thor.png

There are some errors in the hammer pdo, but I was too lazy to fix them. It is still buildable though. I included the knotwork relief design on the beveled sides of the hammer. I only put one in the pdo because I had to re-assemble it since it is a collection of floating faces. You will need 8 of them total. I also included a template for the leather grip. Print the hammer 1:1. The helmet needs to be scaled to fit.
Download both of these in a .zip here.

I pepped out the Loki helmet I unfolded for ironmansuitmk6 but the horns kinda came out unbalanced lol I might pep it again if I can't salvage the 1st one.

The Thor helmet looks awesome dungobeetle, appreciate the amount of detail you're trying to add to it. Will the helm be one piece or have the wings separate?

Dung0beetle your amazing, Ive always been a huge fan of your work. Keep it up!

Also, Nintendude I have the Loki file you speak of, thought I do not remember where I got it.

I pepped out the Loki helmet I unfolded for ironmansuitmk6 but the horns kinda came out unbalanced lol I might pep it again if I can't salvage the 1st one.

The Thor helmet looks awesome dungobeetle, appreciate the amount of detail you're trying to add to it. Will the helm be one piece or have the wings separate?
The wings are not attached.

For those of you trying to download these files or access my website, I believe my host is having issues because I can't connect to it right now. If the problem persists, I will post a different link to the files.
EDIT:
I checked the download links and they work fine. Try downloading again, sometimes browsers stop downloading at 99.9%, but don't finish downloading the file header or other pieces which makes the file "corrupt" or unreadable.
I added the Marvel Ultimate version of Mjolnir to my website today, but it isn't unfolded yet.
ultmjolnir.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back