Time To Re-Think The Forum

Does the way the forum is arranged need to be changed?

• Yes, definitely

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, It's fine

• Maybe

• I don't know

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trigger

Jr Member
I think it's time we all pitched in ideas about how to arrange this forum in a more noob friendly manner. For one to make it easier for noobs too get involved and feel welcomed here at the 405th and two to make veteran and elite members not feel so annoyed about the constant pestering by different noobs asking the same questions over and over again. (I could only imagine how frustrated I would get) Many a time (myself being a noob still) have I asked a question only to make a fool of myself when someone else hits me with a link to a thread I couldn't find that answers my question beautifully, or at least mostly. I guess I'll start.

My idea would be to make sections in the forum for "Halo/Ironman/Starcraft" Whatever should happen to come up. Since this site is mainly halo related maybe just Halo and then another for Everything else? Then under those main section have subsections listed with different armor types like MKIV/MKV/MKVI/ODST with a stickie moderated by someone dedicated to that particular armor set that adds commonly asked questions as they come up, like a link to the thread or a quote with credit who knows. This would have to be built upon over time but I think this would take a little pressure off elite members having to help noobs so much and the questions they would get asked wouldn't be on the sticky. So they could PM the mod of that armor set and have them add that or request help finding the answers from that armor sets community. Of course that's only for the noobs that actually pay attention and read stickies (but we all make mistakes sometimes) Again that's just my suggestion but I really do believe it would make it easier on everyone. Anyone else have suggestions?

C I R Newb and I can haz edit button 2! http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=23043 Post suggestions in that topic!!!!

I would say that my biggest issue with site layout is that topics get buried instantly. I have been experimenting with posting during certain times to see if that makes a difference. Many posts that deserve some sharing and response (not just my own ones which rarely get seen) NEVER get seen because they are immediatley buried by other posts that have a large established following and many folks wont bother to look a page back for threads. Ive seen that in a matter of just minutes an entire page can bury a new thread. Maybe this has to do with the large volume of members posting. I know here there is a HUGE issue with not wanting anyone to NECRO post which does tend to discourage me from wanting to delve into posts several pages back just to avoid getting people pissed off. Oddly I find I get more feedback and discussion about my own armor progress on OTHER boards having nothing to do with Halo or Halo armor construction than on the actual board which provided me my pep files and is dedicated to this style of armor and armor making methods. Why is that?

Belakor said:
Just FYI, there is a few topics about improvements people want but this is probably the best to post them in:

http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=23043

Don't worry about necroing that or anything, since it's important and maybe if it's kept alive it'll get the attention of the appropriate people :)

Beautiful I'm editing my original post to include this so people who view this will go to that post. And by the way that really sucks dragon. I try as much as possible to look at other peoples threads in here. Hopefully that other thread will get attention GO TO THAT POST noobs and elite forum members alike I'm sure any input you have as to what you'd like to see would be valuable unless it's something just silly :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back