TORG Gaming Expo Info and Roll Call: November 1st, 2024 - November 3rd, 2024 (Columbus, Ohio)

Description: Ready to Experience one of the LARGEST Video Gaming events in the Midwest!?
TORG Gaming Expo has you covered with THE MOST GAMES UNDER ONE ROOF! 140K sq ft Vendor Hall and over 300k sq ft total covering Tournaments, Tattoos, Console and Game Museum, Indi Devs, Table Top, Panels, Influencers, Voice Actors, Kidzone, Massive Console & Arcade Freeplay, cosplay, FREE Afterparty and sooo much more!!!

View attachment 341882

Date: November 1st, 2023 - November 3rd, 2023 (Condensed: 11/01/2024 - 11/03/2024)

Venue: The Greater Columbus Convention Center

Event Website: TORG Gaming Expo

Local Hotels: (Descends by Distance from Venue)

Final Thoughts: "This year is Halo themed with us bringing in Steve Downes, Jen Taylor and Tim Dadabo so it would be perfect to have you all included in our event!" The event runners are giving us creative freedom for this event to truly make it a Halo experience, similar to what they have done with the 501st. We will be the premiere experience for this event; and have proposed things like "Spartan 2v2/4v4", fireteams wandering the convention center, scheduled photoshoot times with the Halo voice actors, and more.

Special Note: The event runner has specially requested "Tier 2 / Tier 3" quality Master Chief cosplayers for this event to be utilized for photoshoots with the voice actors. marinesniper as well as NobleofDeath16 who now possess' Master Colt's Halo 3 Chief would qualify for this opportunity, as well as MrJamin .

Confirmed "Boots on Ground":

- Wayward Flood
- Spartan4204
- marinesniper
- FuriousFido +1
- TwoOneSix +1
- Parzival
- Fallen
- Benton188
- Rosebud
- antrodite
- N8TEBB
- Bloxxer

Tentative Responses/Past Attendees:

- Jwinnicker
- ColFork85
- Emp Frosty
- MrJamin
- Negativecacti
- NobleofDeath16

Hotel Reservations: A discounted rate will be provided for a dedicated room block at a local hotel; This will be recorded by looking down attendance a set amount of days before the event.

Badge Purchase: All attendees from the 405th will be fully covered for tickets, as well as their handlers and family. This will be recorded by looking down attendance a set amount of days before the event.

Dinner Plans: TBD

Photoshoot: TBD

Time:

Photographer
If given the green-light by my fiancée, count me in. I should have my personal Reach armor completed by then!

EDIT: Got the Green-Light to engage! While they're not part of the 405th officially, they'll also want to join me as their own MJOLNIR MK V Spartan! Count on TWO Spartans for deployment in November! :D

Last edited:
Throw me down as tentative! Extralife will be happening at the same time, so I'll have to see about logistics there, but I'd love to make it!

We just had a very fruitful meeting with the venue runners and have the following update to provide:

405th will have creative control over both our space, the LAN, and additions to the event such as backdrops placed around the event, skits/media etc.

We will have a 70x50 Space. The venue has also offered to provide any/all equipment we need to run Extra Life remotely from the venue to offer a Hybrid event this year.

All passes for member, family and friends will be free and a code will be provided to us for check out.

We will have discounted hotel blocks, connected hotel to the venue as well as protected storage for all crates and props when not in-use.

We are being allowed an amazing opportunity and they want us to come up with skits to do at opening ceremony and welcoming in guests, our show of power walk, and more.

Last edited:
We just had a very fruitful meeting with the venue runners and have the following update to provide:

405th will have creative control over both our space, the LAN, and additions to the event such as backdrops placed around the event, skits/media etc.

We will have a 70x50 Space. The venue has also offered to provide any/all equipment we need to run Extra Life remotely from the venue to offer a Hybrid event this year.

All passes for member, family and friends will be free and a code will be provided to us for check out.

We will have discounted hotel blocks, connected hotel to the venue as well as protected storage for all crates and props when not in-use.

We are being allowed an amazing opportunity and they want us to come up with skits to do at opening ceremony and welcoming in guests, our show of power walk, and more.
I was already excited for this but now I am absolutely hyped for it. This sounds like a once in a life time experience, absolutely going to make it out.

If it's skits they want, then it looks like I need to start practicing my caboose impression

THIS SOUNDS SO COOL
Also very very generous of them!
Can't wait
I better start writing down skit ideas...

Jesus they are really going all out for us... as long as Extra Life can be run on site I will look into attending and potentially getting some extra PTO in order to attend. Please mark me as tentative

With taking days off the following week I was about to to take a half day that Friday to come down for that weekend, but I'm confirmed boots on ground for this.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back