Toronto FanExpo 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaiganBoi

Sr Member
Hello everyone. It may be a little early to post about this but, I was just curious if anyone would be attending the FanExpo.
I will be going but, only on the first day. Alas, time and money keeps me from attending multiple days.
I have a dream that one day, I can splurge and attend the Con for the whole weekend.
On another sad note, I will be attending out of costume. I am nowhere near complete to be going in my gear. :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
If anyone does go, I hope to cross paths.

Oh you bet ill be going, it's become an annual thing for me and my nerd friends. Not sure which days yet though...I plan on doing one day in costume and another out of costume so I can actually see everything I want to see.

Alright so my plans are to attend in costume on the Friday, if anyone here is attending and sees this tall, grey and orange lad...
IMG_3439.jpg

...come and say hi! I promise I won't wack you with my newspaper

I'll be in Atlanta that weekend, but definitely try to get some shots in when you go! I'd love to see what you all get up to. :cool:

Of course! I'm going with Friends so I'll have one of them documenting the experience. We have to get to the convention by subway and with my combined tallness and the suit it should be an interesting tight fit.

Of course! I'm going with Friends so I'll have one of them documenting the experience. We have to get to the convention by subway and with my combined tallness and the suit it should be an interesting tight fit.
I can only imagine the looks people will be throwing your way.

I don't know what I am excited for. I have never been able to fully experience the event since I can only go for one day.
If anything that excites me is what goodies I can get my hands on... Without breaking the bank.
Oh wait... I do have something to look forward to. This I going to be the second time I am taking my son to FanExpo and his first in costume. He's all excited too. Plus he has the opportunity to try and convince me to get him a bunch of goodies as well.

Oh man....quite a few things, of course much like PaiganBoi I'm looking for some nice goodies to buy, very excited to see what I can find. Also I've been going to FanExpo for about three years and this will be my first time in a cosplay, so I'm very excited about what that'll be like, I got a small taste of it in Orillia, as BlazedStarbon is aware, which went very very well. I'm also excited to ride the subway as a Spartan, I hope to get some humorous photos of that as I attempt to fit my very tall person in that thing.

Oh man....quite a few things, of course much like PaiganBoi I'm looking for some nice goodies to buy, very excited to see what I can find. Also I've been going to FanExpo for about three years and this will be my first time in a cosplay, so I'm very excited about what that'll be like, I got a small taste of it in Orillia, as BlazedStarbon is aware, which went very very well. I'm also excited to ride the subway as a Spartan, I hope to get some humorous photos of that as I attempt to fit my very tall person in that thing.

If it's anything like Vancouver be prepared for the poking and pulling on armour plates from directions you aren't expecting. I don't know if it's a tourist thing, but people just seem to be really grabby around armour costumes.

Fan Expo is over. Still wish I could attend more than one day.... sigh.
I still had fun though. It was more about my son who went with me. He had a blast. Seeing all the people in cosplay made him super excited. Plus he was getting a lot of compliments on his costume as well. He was dressed a saiyan warrior. There was plenty of " IT'S OVER 9000!" being yelled in his direction. Also lots of compliments on how they loved his costume. Will post some pics of him when I get the chance.

ALRIGHT, since Destiny 2 released and henceforth has devoured my time and soul I haven't been able to post my pictures and thing here, BUT NO LONGER!

The event was a total blast as always, and as my first time going to FanExpo in cosplay it went really really well. I was stopped for pictures almost every few minutes, I still got to see everything I wanted too see but still, loooot of pictures, and no suit malfunctions!! YAY!!

Now I did end up taking the subway there with Friends and in case you haven't figured how tall I am in armour...
IMG_3501.PNG

Well there ya go, if I wasn't sitting down I had to crouch to fit.

Now some of the highlights I managed to capture was first the cosplay contest EB games hosted that was suuuper awesome, lots of great cosplays there this year. And yes, I did enter aaaaand I managed to snag a finalist spot and a second place finish!
IMG_1674.PNG
IMG_1675.PNG

IMG_1676.PNG

My competition was this adooorable little kid dressed up as Jason, I mean, how could the people not vote for tiny cute Jason?!
IMG_1677.PNG

Best part was that the prize I received was a brand new pgaming headset which (as Duke and Blackwell know) mine had just broken! So I was veeeerry pleased with how the contest went, not bad for a first timer eh? :D

Secondly! As my pals and I were headed outside to grab lunch I was stopped by a lad who invited me to come onto the Xbox Canada Mixer stream, so of course I said absolutely and I got to be on their stream for a game of Rocket League!
IMG_3477.jpg

IMG_3478.jpg

IMG_3479.jpg

I had a blast doing it even though I'd never played Rocket League before and I spent half the time trying to figuring out buttons and act like I knew what I was doing. :lol:

But yeah there it is! The event was a total success and I'm very much looking forward to next year!

So glad to hear you have a great time! Lucky you to get so many great photos with varying companies who all share the same love for Halo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back