Tracker's Odst Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry guys for being off for so long, but the weather got crappy and I live in an appartment with very strict rules about their outside. :cautious:
No armor forging was possible, except for the a. carmine helmet I tried to make and eventually stopped to work on cosplay.
Watch my progress!

Hi and welkom te the forums,

1. The image tag are
2. could you please resize you sig? It reallt big and is messing up the forum layout ;)
3. I cant see you images, if i tried to see your album at photobucket you need a password, so im not able to see your pictures at all

Wow its lookin pretty good, keep it up. BTW i wouldn't try to make a mold of the assault rifle, that might be a bit expensive.

hlomaster55 said:
Wow its lookin pretty good, keep it up. BTW i wouldn't try to make a mold of the assault rifle, that might be a bit expensive.
i'm not going to mold my AR in rubber. ;) I will use the smooth-cast on it then fill it with great stuff and bondo anything else i want. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Is that the smooth torso by 1ManBattallion?

I'm filled with envy. Nice work, I want to see a fully complete Weta ODST; let's see which one of us makes it first. :p

Veritech017 said:
Is that the smooth torso by 1ManBattallion?

I'm filled with envy. Nice work, I want to see a fully complete Weta ODST; let's see which one of us makes it first. :p

Yea, thats the smoothed torso! Thanks for the words! We'll see who can do it first, and best!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice start mate, I suggest trimming in the collar and shoulder areas as so they don't cut you later or dig into your shoulders. looking forward to seeing your progress.

Sorry i have been off the thread for awhile......I've been working on the helmet. At first when i scaled it it would have fit a six year old very well. The second time actually would have fit a FIVE YEAR OLD better, if thats possible. The third time, i thought it might be too BIG. It actually didnt turn out that bad.
I finally finished the pep today and resined it this afternoon. Does anyone know how long it might take to dry?
Here are some pics of the helmet before it was resined.
DSC00676.jpg

DSC00677.jpg

DSC00678.jpg

Heres when it was resined
DSC00679.jpg

DSC00680.jpg

DSC00681.jpg

Tell me what you think, the helmet seems to be almost done drying already!
BONDO TOMORROW? maybe.

This may be a bit old, but the resin job looks pretty good! The only thing that may be a pain is cutting out that visor now,

you got a huge clump of resin there. Besides that it looks pretty great. keep up the good work.

New progress.
Bondoed more of the helmet and used the Smooth-Cast 300 mix on the chest pieces.
DSC00807.jpg

DSC00808.jpg

Tell me how its looking!
When the whole suit is done I will be molding and casting copies for a group cosplay. ( Pistol, Br, and Sniper too.)

Its coming along. A little tip for you. you need to smooth the first layer a little more before adding your second layer. also go for lighter layers not crazy thick. But looking good.

Fellow ODST builder here (or at least, planning to be).

Did you use paper or cardstock to make the bucket? The 'problem' I see with cardstock is the small bends (since it's a hi-res model).

I need to get that sorted out before I actually start working...so an answer as soon as possible is greatly appriciated. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back