Truck bed liner instead of fiberglass?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JediStumpy

I'm about ready to fiber glass my helm and I was looking at the hard resin of the outside of the helm and thinking about "wow it got hard really nice". the idea popped in my head that made instead of fiber glass you could put a layer or so of the truck bed liner inside to replace fiber glass. I don't know if this would work but I know that the bed liner stuff is very very strong and really turns hard (like a helmet would be).

Has anyone ever tried that before? Do you think it would work?
Any feed back well app.

here is a pic of my resined helm.

i use it on the insides of my armor parts.. nice for that. it's too soft/rubbery for the outside.

at least the stuff i use is.

I have used it to strengthen thin areas in resin helmets and to texturize things. This can add support but not be the soul support for any piece of equipment. I have also used it inside of helmets to make a dark interior, which helps make the visor vision better, and, again, strengthen the thin spots. I am toying with using it as a texture for WF armor, but I think it won't produce the texture on ABS that want to mimic resin texture, like NAS or Adam armor would.

Adam said:
i use it on the insides of my armor parts.. nice for that. it's too soft/rubbery for the outside.

at least the stuff i use is.

What brand of stuff are you using Adam?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet, thanks adam (you like hero around here), question why did you use it? to keep stuff together better or what?
...but that's what i mean: put it only on the inside and no fiber glass. i know that is different types out there ( maybe i'll have to find the kind that gets really really really hard) but I really didn't just want to try it and spend $money$ not not have it work only to find out someone did try it and failed.
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back