Props Trying to figure out were to put Kay noble 2's knife

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fissoffury

Hello everyone I recently put together a halo reach knife for my Kat cosplay costume...i thought she had one and now I'm looking at photos I dont see one on her. Any sugjections on were I should put it...thanks for helping

I personally like the positioning on the shoulder for a cross-draw similar to Halo Reach style assassination animations. It doesn't quite work if you're looking for a game accurate Kat costume unfortunately but it's comfortably out of the way of most moving parts and doesn't get snagged on things when navigating a convention floor.
3433249-2.jpg

I
Yeah I was thinking there but I do wanna keep the traditional kay suit so I giess ill just hang.on to it for a future build. Thank you for your sugjestion. I didnt know if I qould get bashed for having a knife...when kat doesn't carry one on her
Depending how your armor is built, if you have room, you can fit it under the armor in a way you can draw it out easily, maybe at the bottom of the abdominals area or close to the side of your chest. Try and rig it like how it is in theassassinations, or kindof like halo 4/5 reload animation how the ammo and new clips come out of the lower chest compartment and the old clip goes in to be refilled

20190409_095533.png

I cant remember with the other games, but the 343i games have this part open up/move foreward off the body on most or all armors to insert an empty mag and pull out a new one in the same process... couldnt find a video on it, so if you want to check it out in machinama mode, I'd recommend it. Really interesting

Hey Fiss, I was going to weigh in on this earlier, but decided not to since this seemed to be solved. But, I just stumbled on some reach concept art for Kat, and it shows a knife in the same location that Turbo suggested.
halo_reach_13b.jpg

For what it's worth, I re-downloaded XCOM2 on a whim last week with the Halo Reach mod and one of my soldiers has one on their hip (parallel to the ground) that I thought looked pretty good.

LOVE & JETT,
Squish

Hey Fiss, I was going to weigh in on this earlier, but decided not to since this seemed to be solved. But, I just stumbled on some reach concept art for Kat, and it shows a knife in the same location that Turbo suggested.
View attachment 268630
For what it's worth, I re-downloaded XCOM2 on a whim last week with the Halo Reach mod and one of my soldiers has one on their hip (parallel to the ground) that I thought looked pretty good.

LOVE & JETT,
Squish
I think I saw that image of Kat..
Maybe thats why I thought a knife would be needed...pluse I personaly like the knife! Thank you so much for your insight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back