Status
Not open for further replies.
ragtagsoldier said:
Spartan-07 said:
ragtagsoldier said:
Spartan-07 said:
nice but i tryed it and the 2D window was all missed up

how exaclty was it messed up???

ight just scale it to a good size like 56 cm or sumthing like that but u will have to break up a lot of the big peices to get them to fit on single peices of paper
the least amount of paper i got it down to was 72,,, im posting pics on how its goin later on

I've gotten it down to about 56 pages when scaled to 15.0 or 50.9 cm. I haven't printed it yet 'cause I don't have my cardstock yet and I'm still tweaking it a little position-wise. I had to add a few extra line divisions here and there, but it should work fine and be fun to put together.

Ragtagsoldier.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like it's going to need some reinforcement during construction. You can see that it's already starting to bend unter it's own weight.

I've suggested this before to Pepakura users, but I'll try here too.

You should trace your Pepakura patterns onto thin sheets of polystyrene and use that instead of paper. Glue it together with superglue, and you could reinforce it later if you still needed to.

Still this is a pretty cool project. Congrats on getting it started.

(y)

You could also use an internal "skeleton" framework of PETG, or some other light weight polymeric tubing.

More expensive than just card stock, and probably more than using Polystyrene, but workable just the same.

And possibly modifiable into a firing "Nerf" weapon if you're into that sort of thing.

Yeah... on second thought, just replace those Pepakura tubes with PVC pipe....

I can't believe you made Pepakura tubes... ;-)

thanks guys but before i work on the barrels anymore im gonna just work on the body of the gun and see how that turns out

sum peices dont have #'s, just put all the parts w/ #'s together and wen that is done were ever there is an open spot near a peice without #'s it goes ther,,, i cant really explain this good enought i guess, never have been good at giving directions or explainin stuff,,,SEAN, FINAEROS, SOME ! HELP ME EXPlaIn tHIS, i cant,,, lol,,, its sliverzippo's question

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooh that go up to "2d pattern window" and make sure "show edge id" is checkmarked

wat scale is it??????????/

This project has been abandond for at least two more days AT LEAST, because it turns out wen i said i was feeling sick i was, i have the flu but it is just the ending stages of it ill update with sum pics in a couple of days

sry guys

oh and sry for the double post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back