Ultimate Pepakura Faq/tutorial Omnibus

Ultimate Pep Omnibus

• Yes, do it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, the stickies we have now are good enough.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Malechei

Alright, here's the deal. I've noticed a LOT of threads that have one member asking question after question after question about the exact workings of Pepakura and methods for scaling and how to rearrange parts and all that. I've also noticed that ALL of these questions are answered in the stickies, but these questions get complex, and sometimes you might have to search multiple stickies to find the answers to a question.

Here's my question for the community. Would it be helpful if someone (i.e. me) made one thread that held all the answers to every question we can find about Pep, with screenshots, to include where to get it, what files you need, how to open them, how to scale them, how to alter the paper type and layout, and so on and so forth? This would be a constantly updated thread to reflect new questions that arise. It would be the one stop Pepakura help thread, essentially combining all the stickies that are out there into the Ultimate Pep Omnibus (<---- I like that name). As I said above, I would be fully willing to put this together and maintain it (I already have most of the screenshots made), but I just want to make sure that it would be a welcome and useful project before investing the time.

Please let me know.

Mal

sure... but then why would we need the QA team or the Question thread.

the point is, even if you had one central location for everything, people still wouldnt use it.

DreadMullet said:
sure... but then why would we need the QA team or the Question thread.

the point is, even if you had one central location for everything, people still wouldnt use it.
1. There is not really a good, well-rounded tutorial for Pepakura on this forum yet. (I am aware of the tutorials we already have, but they are not all-inclusive, and definitely not up to date with the newest version)

2. The Q&A team have other things they could be doing (building armor :D )

3. I would use it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wholeheartedly agree - I have, in fact, started on such a venture myself, with pictures to help in the process (as sort of an 'An Idiot's Guide To MJOLNIR Armor' project), and I'd be more than willing to help out if the staff team wanted to help consolidate the information on the site into a more readily-usable guide for people to use.

The problem is - people are lazy. You'd still have people asking, you'd still have to point them to the guide, and even then there's no guarantee that their question is answered in it. For every solution there's another question to be asked - therefore, I think that something like this would be good if used in tandem with the Q&A team that we have at the moment, especially if the topic were extended beyond simple 'How to use Pepakura' and more 'How to make MJOLNIR Armor - from Pep to Paint'.

In other words - make a comprehensive guide, make it available and easy to find, and have it backed up by people that have knowledge in certain subjects in case people come asking. All equals instant reduction in potential n00bery.

I think it would be a nice idea but I know for a fact that not everyone would use it. They would just end up pming somebody they know who is specifically working on pep armor themselves. I had someone pm last night about how I scaled my chest and I helped him. What it all comes down to is the search button.

It's a good idea. But I would have to agree with dread mullet. There wouldn't be a reason for the Q&A team. they are willing to answer your questions.

quote name='dungbeetle' date='May 5 2009, 12:16 AM' post='286058']
1. There is not really a good, well-rounded tutorial for Pepakura on this forum yet. (I am aware of the tutorials we already have, but they are not all-inclusive, and definitely not up to date with the newest version)

2. The Q&A team have other things they could be doing (building armor :D )

3. I would use it.
[/quote]

1. But they are still helpful. And if you havequestions, address to the guy who made the topic or the Q&A team

2. They made a commitment to use their time to answer questions, it's their second job. Besides, Malechie can be making armor too. :cautious:

3. There are a lot of ways we can get our answer. A lot of people have. You just got to figure out yourself sometimes and ask non noobish questin like, what apper do i use ( but everybody says that, they should look at the stickies) or if i eat fiberglass will i become stronger

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back