Under Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jurgenp1

Jr Member
My idea for underarmor is to use thermal underwear( the things u usualy use when its verry cold) an then make the details with foam on it.

1051.jpg

Thought you might find this intersting.

You could easily make underarmor like what you see in the auction by sewing padding onto your long johns and then putting something else over that.

yccars said:
Thought you might find this intersting.

You could easily make underarmor like what you see in the auction by sewing padding onto your long johns and then putting something else over that.

What should i place on top of the foam then. I was thinking of some very thin fiber

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not very knowledgeable about fabric, but the texture of the underarmour was close to neoprene or a soft vinyl.. Perhaps you could find something suitable in the department of vehicle upholstery? I'm not sure where you'd shop for that though.

The general purpose (black) santoprene on that site looks perfect. Being a thermoplastic, it could easily be heated and vacuformed, making it a good candidate for mkVI underarmor details. And it's only 10 times thicker than a sheet of paper.

I'm from holland so to get that stuff will probably take a week, And i think the shipping prices aren't so cheap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back