UNSC Army Airborne trooper foam build. Complete!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: UNSC Army Airborne trooper foam build

Finally complete, sort of. I still have a helmet and a rifle to build, but here is my progress so far
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Thanks to Art Andrews for the awesome 405th patch.

image.jpg

Im proud of it so far. What do you guys think?

Re: UNSC Army Airborne trooper foam build (semi complete!)

Hey guys! I'm finally back with another update. Going to silicone valley comicon in what I already have of this costume inspired me to finally get back to work on it, and after huge procrastination, I finally lasered out the pep files for a foam air assault helmet, and after roughly three days of work I came out with this:

image.jpg

I used the reverse side of the foam once again to keep the texture consistent throughout the armor.

image.jpg

I suppose it it now truly lives up to its name of "airborne" trooper armor.

image.jpg

Hopefully I'll have it painted and ready to go with a visor soon enough so I can start on a rifle to go with this costume.

Dude this looks amazing and great to see this build is up and running. good luck with the helmet!

Dude this looks amazing and great to see this build is up and running. good luck with the helmet!

thanks buddy! I'm as happy it's back up and running as you are!

here's another quick update. I made a combat knife on the laser cutter for it with a removable blade:

image.jpg

I ran a metal rod down the center to keep it from flopping around.

image.jpg

Hopefully I'll attach this to my chest piece some time soon.

Pics didn't come through.....

Another update! Wow! Three in one day!

here's the receiver for the MA37 to go with the costume:

image.jpg

I won't have time to work on this for another week unfortunately, but I'll get back on it as soon as I can.

Hey guys. So sorry. I meant to update this a while ago, but completely forgot. I've bene posting regular updates to Instagram though, so if you care to see any of my progress that would be the best place to find it.

so progress. It's done! I completed the whole thing. The following are pictures from fanimecon 2016

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Also finished assembling my assembling rifle. It's looking great so far :) although I kind of regret putting the textured side of the foam out :(

image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back