Unsc/sierra117's Battle Rifle Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
xxFemaleSpartanxx said:
I don't think I've seen a weapon made in any other way except pepakura before this

*sadface*

I have been making Wooden Weapons all along!
I wish I was known for that...

Last edited by a moderator:
S1l3nt V1p3r said:
*sadface*

I have been making Wooden Weapons all along!
I wish I was known for that...

How do you think I feel?? T_T

Wow, looks very good.

Yea the lights...from what i can remember off the top of my head theyre mostly, if not all, red. I know theres ones on the scope adjustment knobs, and on either side of the fire-selector (circular bit on the side of the ammo counter) and i beleive one around the trigger area. Not sure if all lights are mirrored on both sides or not. And in short YES the lights will be worth it. Cant wait to see more.

Makes me wanna start my BR.

Hey, cheers. Um yeah I have decided to attempt to put some lights in it. I have been playing halo a lot and every chance i get in the game to use the BR, I do, stopping each time i pick it up, to take a close look at its details, even chucking it on the ground a couple of times and zooming in on it with a sniper rifle, i found it very helpful haha. Ive also been using reference pics from Google and other places. And for those asking about my scope plans i have finally come up with an idea, its completely original, well as far as, i haven't seen it done before, but I'm not going to reveal that until after my post for the paint job is done. witch isn't too far away so I'm just gonna hold ya in suspenders. So yeah thanks for all the comments guys. oh and do criticize as harshly as you feel necessary, there's always room for improvement.

Ok then, what did i get done today. Not a lot, most of it was juz trying to work out some stuff. But anyhow this is juz a short update on what i have got so far.

Image041.jpg

K my next step was a bit of the side details. I originally had attempted to make these pieces out of 5mm ply but it kinda just crumbled and broke away as I was cutting out the triangle bits, so I opted for cardboard. I was able to come by an empty XXXX box and so i used that. I proceeded to mark up and cut the side bits out of the cardboard and attach them to the base.

Image041.jpg

Image043.jpg

Next I cut out a small raised bit for underneath the handle bit and again fastened that to the rest of the gun.
Image045.jpg

Image041.jpg

OK Next I worked on the magazine locking part.
still a little to go there too. So i just rested all the components that i have so far on the gun, just so you can sorta see whats going on.

Image050.jpg

I will be shortening the lock piece so don't fret it wont stay that long.

That part , I'm actual making a mechanism to lock the removable magazine in when its loaded, I've already begun fabricating that bit too.

If anyone is wondering on how i made what i have on the locking part or my idea for the whole set up, send me a buzz and ill let ya know, there was just a little bit in it, so i didn't type all of it. and if there are a few of you i will just publicly post it.

cheeres
SALATA guys.

UNSC/Sierra117 said:
if anyone is wondering on how i made what i have on the locking part, send me an email and ill let ya know, there was just a little bit in it so i didn't type all of it so yeah. and if there are a few of you i will just publicly post it.

cheeres

There is an edit button, so you don't have to post a new post everytime you have something new to say in such a short period of time.

But Yes, I would like to know how you made the locking part you speak of!

It's blooming into a seriously badass rifle....and damn your quick XD
[/quote]

quick, lol, I thought it was going a little slow but OK then thanks. haha tomorrows a day off so ill have all beautiful day to work on it, FUN yay. cant sleep lol to exited to get working on it again.

Hey guys. Um it doesn't look like I've done much on it, but i have, its all just gotta have bog and sanding done to it first, then I can put it all together and finish it off. I finished the bulk of the lighting and the scope as well, only a little to go there.

Just a picky of the rifle in its not so beautiful state
Image007.jpg

Hey guys and gals, I know i haven't posted anything for a while, but I've just been so busy with work, i just haven't had time to do anything, and well by the time i get time I'm to0 tired lol. but i got a little bit done today. I finished off the locking mechanism and the removable cartridge, all that's left now really, is the rest of the rear part, and the barrel and hand grip and paint. I've also done a lot more sanding but i still have a heap left now that Ive added some more bog, but getting there so getting a bit excited now lol .

10102008001.jpg

10102008018.jpg

This is the removable cartridge
clip.jpg

gun.jpg

Ok well tomorrow I'm gonna work on the rest of it, the back, barrel and hand grip, then its juz sanding and smoothing from there on so hopefully i get most of it done then i can start painting soon.

GundamX67 said:
Looks awesome, and yeah, I have the same problem as LastSpartan.

Can't see the earlier pics.

Hey, Yeah sorry about that, it said I ran out of upload space or somthing. and i couldnt figure it out so i had to get rid of the previous ones in order to add more. because I'm new to this forum stuff maybe you could tell me what i did wrong, or is there a way i could get more space.

Cheers for the comments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back