Using Foamies & Bondo For Detailing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will have to try this. I have been using Bronco foam weather stripping (found at a yard sale) but can't seem to find anymore of this type. I tried other types but they don't leave a nice edge. Can't wait to try this. Thanks for the tut.

Thank you for the idea.

I could use strips of corrugated cardboard and a little hot glue to accomplish a similar, right?

This method is genius... WIN :cool :cool:cool :cool

GMer56 said:
Thank you for the idea.

I could use strips of corrugated cardboard and a little hot glue to accomplish a similar, right?

I used the foamies because when you cut them, they have a nice clean edge. This might be dificult with cardboard, because of the corrugation, but give it a try and post your results.

BTW: I finished detailing the buttplate with this method. You can see the results in my W.I.P. Thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, slight necro here, but it's a good thread. I just tried this technique with with mud (2 bondo/1 resin) and the foamies stuck to the mud like crazy and left behind little pieces that I had to razor off. Is there some way to keep the filler from sticking to the foamies that I don't know about, or do I just need to use pure Bondo with no resin?

My mistakes aside, this is a great technique.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back