Via the name that was only on spam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noodle109

Just to be CLEAR I didn't MEAN to SPAM. It was UNINTENTIONAL and I'm sincerely SORRY. I'm allowing Administration to remove my threads that aren't asking relevant questions.

Just to be CLEAR I didn't MEAN to SPAM. It was UNINTENTIONAL and I'm sincerely SORRY. I'm allowing Administration to remove my threads that aren't asking relevant questions.

I wasn't around to see what the complication was, but I wanted to point out that there is no reason to rush the post count. The 50 post rule is there so that by the time you reach it and become a member you actually feel like you're a part of something. That's because to get there you've made at least 50 connections with like-minded people. If you bypass that then you're losing out on the community connection making you more likely to fade away just as quickly.

My advice is to start clicking through current builds and discussions and chime in, make connections. Too many people, imo, think that your posts have to ask questions or answer questions. But, even if you don't know the answer to people's questions you can give suggestions or critiques on aesthetics or functionality. At the very least you can give meaningful compliments. Don't just say, "good job!" because that is what the Like this post button is for, but you can say "I like how you did [blank]" and it will help highlight their efforts. And the quickest way to make those meaningful posts is to create a build thread of your own, even if it is just a small prop. Take pictures and talk about your successes and failures. Before you know it it's been a year and you still don't have a suit, but you've had lots of fun and maybe made a friend or two. Just a quick shout out to you all. :)

I hope you are able to find what you are looking for, Noodle, and as always, happy building!

Related to what PerniciousDuke was saying, you should just check the newest posts or just surf around the new recruits section until you find something that you can provide relevant, helpful info about. Make a post on that page, and keep doing that until you have 90 posts. Like, for example, this post. I'm providing helpful information and adding to my post count without spamming.

PerniciousDuke is right. When I joined last year I was mainly here just to gain access to the file archive, but once I had access I decided to hell with being a passive observer. I started my first build thread (which I have since neglected) and then just started traversing the forums. In the last 4 months I have been quite active on the latest threads box on the front page. Every day or two I am looking at it and seeing if I can add meaningful advice to the discussions. I don't know how many posts I've made in that time, but I have been consistently throwing in the knowledge I have gained to boost my fellow Spartans. I have no idea if they were all recruits or not, I just wanted to give back and let my name get out there. I am going to return to my own threads soon, and if I don't have that 50 post count then I will be adding to it rapidly.

Just get out there and offer your opinions, you might have learnt something that others have not, or have not considered for their builds.

I completely understand the frustration. Since I don't yet have access to the files, I cannot start a build. Since I am a noob builder I have no experience with the materials so cannot add many suggestions. Most of the questions have already been asked and addressed on other threads so I do not feel that my questions would be valid. I don't feel that 50 spam wtg messages would be appropriate, but I do think that the occasional great job post on a detailed build is worth something. Right now I am just trying to offer support and encouragement on others builds and yes I am reading a lot - learning a ton that will help me from making mistakes (or at the very least fixing them when I make them too). Sometimes I feel a like just isn't enough to convey my reaction to an amazing project that I would very much like to have as a result. Yes I feel the frustration of not being able to build yet, no I do not want to wait for a year before I even start (honestly I have wanted the armour for more than a year already) but I do see how important building a community is and learning before cutting. So I will attempt not to be redundant in my question adding, not to be over active in my encouragement posts and slowly I will build my "counts". You are not the only one to have a moderator "ahem" remind you of certain rules.

I cannot start a build. Since I am a noob builder I have no experience with the materials so cannot add many suggestions. Most of the questions have already been asked and addressed on other threads so I do not feel that my questions would be valid.

Who said you can't start a build? If it's a money/time/space aliens issue you could even create a build thread that's just your plans on paper to see what other people think, it doesn't even really need to progress much past that really but if talking with people about your plans helps set things into place and you do manage to build some parts it's a lesson learned for everyone. Just go for it, I mean the worst thing that could happen is you have some fun on the internet.

I cannot start a build due to not having access to the pep files - I have no pattern. The materials are in my basement, just waiting (also my glue gun is in shipping)

..I do think that the occasional great job post on a detailed build is worth something... Sometimes I feel a like just isn't enough to convey my reaction to an amazing project that I would very much like to have as a result... So I will attempt not to be redundant in my question adding, not to be over active in my encouragement posts and slowly I will build my "counts".

You said a lot in there, but I just wanted to address these things. I was not saying that you shouldn't encourage people and yes saying "great job" is worth something and that is exactly what the Like button is for. If that doesn't say it all for you, then elaborate. That is all I'm asking. Make a post saying, "great job, I like how you did [blank]". Be constructive in your encouragement, or use the like button. That's all I'm saying and I may be alone in this.

I cannot start a build due to not having access to the pep files - I have no pattern. The materials are in my basement, just waiting (also my glue gun is in shipping)

There are SO many pep files on this site. Are you saying that none of them work for you? Or that you don't have a way to print them?

i think i know what you mean are you sure you verified your account i can remember not being to acces the archive because of something stupid that i forgot

Be constructive in your encouragement, or use the like button. That's all I'm saying and I may be alone in this.

Don't worry, you're not alone in this. There's nothing wrong with chatter about the build or topic but "gj keep it up" doesn't really do much to help anyone who's reading through a thread to get ideas or learn how something was made.

i think i know what you mean are you sure you verified your account i can remember not being to acces the archive because of something stupid that i forgot

Just went back today to the pep files and where previously it was giving me error messages, I can download! - a very happy day for me - now on to sizing and printing :)

Just went back today to the pep files and where previously it was giving me error messages, I can download! - a very happy day for me - now on to sizing and printing :)

good dont forget to show progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back