Video Editing Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

zabicvamere

Jr Member
I'm getting sick of window movie maker i cant use it to make a movie out of quicktime movies is there some other

editing software out there? i would like to edit some rvb shows and paste ten episodes together so i can have more room in my free agent so

i can find other titles on without having so many folders. if anyone has a recommendation please share. or at the least a converter that converts from quicktime format to wmv!

and i know you all like pictures when ppl post so here GUNDAM!

Last edited by a moderator:
how about buying the seasons of RvB on dvd, then you dont have to take them and put them together, they already are.

if you want a basic program you could get Pinnacle studio, i used that when i first started back in 8th grade... real basic and easy, has more stuff than movie maker, but im not sure if you can render to quicktime...

just search quicktime to wmv converter in google. I'll doubt you'll find a good one though, just get a better editing program.

Windows Movie Maker is like the worst... Sony Vegas is a decent program.

If you need any help with editing stuff, let me know. I'm certified in Avid Media Composer and Final Cut Pro.

Dark said:
Adobe After Effects is another program you can use.

sure you could, but it's primarily an effects program. It's not great for editing.

Last edited by a moderator:
DreadMullet is right, Pinnacle is probably a good choice, as Sony Vegas or Premiere Pro are so expensive, most people probably have it pirated (although there is something called Adobe Premiere Elements which is cheaper and nearly as good for your needs).

Say away from the movie maker and stay away from WMV videos, it's by far the worst format out there. If you are converting between formats (especially wmv), the quality will become unbearable at some point. Go with the DVD, and just convert that to any format you want.

As far as I understand, you want to string together the episodes, ripping from DVD is exactly what you want to do. Then you don't need to worry about any fancy video editing programs.

Pinnacle Studio and Sony Vegas are both very good choices. Windows Movie Maker is simply too terrible to use, honestly, so as soon as possible, get your hands on either of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back