Visor Blueprints/Idear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seno Ypsamee

So, pondering on how to make my visor, I decided to go with the double-visor idea. Then after thinking, I decided to make my own blueprints on the design to cut out of the top visor. I also thought of an idea, as you will see in tech pic, to cut the second visor so that it does not go into the helmet, but instead is cut off to where it fits perfectly with the helmet, making where only one visor is actually placed inside the helmet, saving a bit of room.

Tell me what you think, and as in the description, the blueprints are beta and not the final one I will use.

visorblueprintsbeta.png

I plan on printing it out on a piece of cardstock then glue it to a piece of cardboard, and then use a Dremel to cut out the design on one of the visors. The cardboard is there so I will have something to help guide me, and because the cardstock would instantly start to mess up alone.

looks very good, but why is this in the "weapons and props" section? shouldn't it be in the pep or molded armor sections?

paradoxdj said:
looks very good, but why is this in the "weapons and props" section? shouldn't it be in the pep or molded armor sections?
Well, yeah, but I wasn't sure which one, since it qualifies for all armor, and I actually meant to put it in just "Creation Discussion"

A mistake on my part, sorry :oops:

Last edited by a moderator:
I am just going to take two normal motorcycle visors and cut one up using this while keeping the other one intact to create a more realistic feel. A lot of people already do this, but I decided to make a blueprint for the one that will get the cutting done to it :)

If the top layer is not in the helm then how do you plan to secure it?

The visor will have to be bent somewhat to get the shape you want in the helm so it's going to want to pop out if it's not held in place.

Sigma-LS said:
If the top layer is not in the helm then how do you plan to secure it?

The visor will have to be bent somewhat to get the shape you want in the helm so it's going to want to pop out if it's not held in place.
I planned on securing it to the one that is going inside, still not sure how it will work, but I think it's possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
well i like your idea and all but wouldnt it be simple to ask the model maker to add a texture to the model and just print it that way?

I tried to find a gold visor at a local motor cycle shop, but they only had flat clear ones. Can anyone tell me where to find one, or tell me how to make the one I have gold?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back