Visor help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jou7202

So on my first Costume/cosplay I used a sun visor that costed $25 and was really hard to cut and fit on my helmet. Does anybody know where I can get a material for a visor that's less expensive and more cosplay building freindly?

Hey Jou (Don't make it bad*), this is a question better suited for the New Recruits or Costumes and Props sections - the Questions and Support section is for site and community enquiries primarily. You'd have better luck asking in one of those sections.

(*I had to, come on! Paul McCartney reference if you don't get it)

Hey Jou (Don't make it bad*), this is a question better suited for the New Recruits or Costumes and Props sections - the Questions and Support section is for site and community enquiries primarily. You'd have better luck asking in one of those sections.

(*I had to, come on! Paul McCartney reference if you don't get it)
Oh ok sorry I didn't know this was for site and community thing, is there anyway I can take this post down?

Hello, I have moved your thread to the New Recruit section, as you did not specify which type of costume it was for. In the future, on Desktop if you hover your mouse over each Forum Sub section's title, you will get a little box that pops up that tells you what that area of the forum is for, and on both Mobile and Desktop there is a description for each forum area at the top of the page under the title for that area.

You can find Flexible Metallic Visor material on Etsy, but the price is going to be about the same.

not sure what the price is like put the kind of plastic sheets they use in vacuum formers comes in different thicknesses and different types of plastic, the thinner ones you can use scissors or knives. the thicker ones cut with a dremel, etc. to add mirror and color you can dye the plastic with synthetic fabric dyes and either 1-way mirror spray paint or use window tint. i dont think itll be cheaper than 25$ though.
Im still looking at ways to make my visor too.

If you don't need to bend it to a complex shape, look for welding visors on amazon, you can find some pretty cheap ones that are decently flexible. Stony props on etsy also has some great visor sheets that are super flexible and easy to work with. Nice color selection too.

not sure what the price is like put the kind of plastic sheets they use in vacuum formers comes in different thicknesses and different types of plastic, the thinner ones you can use scissors or knives. the thicker ones cut with a dremel, etc. to add mirror and color you can dye the plastic with synthetic fabric dyes and either 1-way mirror spray paint or use window tint. i dont think itll be cheaper than 25$ though.
Im still looking at ways to make my visor too.
So I could just use could you use synthetic plastic dye with any plastic or does it have to be a specific kind?

So I could just use could you use synthetic plastic dye with any plastic or does it have to be a specific kind?
I don’t think it matters but it has to be able to handle the heat of the dye bath. A bit below boiling. There’s some videos on YouTube by punished props about dyeing visors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back