Visor....

Status
Not open for further replies.
dark_gambit said:
It can be done with angular surfaces, like the ODST helmet, but most of the other helmet variants are to rounded to allow for a smooth application of the film without wrinkles, and I don't think its possible to somehow cut a pattern out and apply it without visible seams.
i think i can be done because i have a curved lens its it look pretty legit...well actually the store did it for me no charge...

Last edited by a moderator:
waterNIG said:
i think i can be done because i have a curved lens its it look pretty legit...well actually the store did it for me no charge...

The question then is the lens for your paint ball helmet curved in only one direction, side to side, or is it both curved side to side and top to bottom? It is very easy to tint a lens that is only curved in two directions. The difficulty comes in when it is both curved top to bottom and side to side, that makes it a 3 dimensional curve, where as the sheet of tinting is pretty much a flat piece, and it is very difficult to bend that 2-d dimensional sheet onto a 3 dimensional curve.

Check out helmetshop.com. Lots of different options, and prices aren't too bad for the visors. I have'nt found any locally yet. Plus I'm not sure how to mount the visor either. Any thoughts?
I just found visors at jcwhiney.com. Gold mirrored are $22.99. But you'd need 2 to get the look.

What if you made the visible seams match the HUD lines on the outside. It would make it so you didn't even have to double layer visors.

Cadet said:
The question then is the lens for your paint ball helmet curved in only one direction, side to side, or is it both curved side to side and top to bottom? It is very easy to tint a lens that is only curved in two directions. The difficulty comes in when it is both curved top to bottom and side to side, that makes it a 3 dimensional curve, where as the sheet of tinting is pretty much a flat piece, and it is very difficult to bend that 2-d dimensional sheet onto a 3 dimensional curve.
http://www.actionvillage.com/021-143-0019
yea its curved both ways thats what i was talking about..click the link to see

Can tinting film be made softer with a heat gun to help smoothly make the double curve? I would like to know this cuz I'm planning on the Security Helmet Visor.

Also with those Paintball Visors...Unless you're doing the EOD, Scout, Rogue or Recon, those visors have nose dips that are rather too great for most other helmet visors. I'm going with a Flight Helmet Visor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back