Visor

Status
Not open for further replies.
they're not "Gold" as in made of gold. merely golden in color. the visors i make are made of a spcial micron gold-tinted film. the problem is is thats its about the thickness of gold leaf. theres a special process to put it through which makes it more ridged but also allows you to see through it but and all allows no one to see in.

Well i need one in the color Silver...Any tips for the best place to get one?I have found a lot of ''Gold'' visors but no silver.

Falcon NL and link4044 making armor for an army of Halo lovin' BAD@$$!!! Oh, yeah!! This site just keeps getting better and better! I'm here for you both and will do what I can.

Are you planning on just useing a motorcyle helmet visor? because you should be able to pick up a silver one at a cycle shop or on ebay. if for some reason you can't find one or need something bigger you can always get some acrylic sheet plastic from a art supply store and then go to walmart, or automotive stores like auto zone, and buy some of that silver window tint and make your visor that way.

@Link
Yep, Right now im just working on little mock-up model just to see how the relations are. I'm only making a helmet but maybe later on a complete suite.Just looking for materials and other thing before im make a life size one

;-)

yeah, I currently use 2 gold ones with the top one cut to pattern (see bluerealm's). I sometimes use a silver version as well.

falcon NL said:
Well i need one in the color Silver...Any tips for the best place to get one?I have found a lot of ''Gold'' visors but no silver.

try silver reflective auto tint.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just because someone uses the search function doesn't mean they know how to use it responsibly...

has anyone ever vaccuformed MC's face shield (in the way link vaccuformed the ODST one) and then added gold tint????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back