Volrath's Mark V W.I.P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volrath

Another Mark V for the ranks! I've been a long-time guest troll on the 405th and finally got the nerve to overcome my fear of arts and crafts and attempt an armor project. I have never worked with Pep, or really done anything of this sort before.
But! I have the codpiece, chest, backpack, and stomach plate pep'd and awaiting the next step. I currently have two points i would appreciate feedback on.

Point 1: I scaled up the size of the chest and backpack to make it look more like armor and less like a sports bra. I would just like to know what the 405th thinks of strategic padding to make it sit pretty. Is it going to look too big and blocky? Because i love the three-piece torso build, but the top just looks like a bra when it's scaled to size. (to me anyways)

Point 2: I'm using the hot-glue method, courtesy of Frost. I was wondering if there is any way for me to treat the pep on the outside aside from resin. My plan was to use multiple coats of primer as a base ( by multiple i mean 5-6) to get a smooth coat. Or is there another way of doing it?

P.s. Progress pics to come!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back