Wake up Mr.Freeman...

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamerguy55

...I have been thinking about making an H.E.V. suit form Half-Life. I know that there is a paper craft for the armor but I cant find the file anywhere, if someone does have the file please post a link here. If this is in the wrong section please move it. I am going to try to mold the armor if I cant find a .PDO of it. If anyone can help me with reference pics, under armor, or anything else that might be useful please post it here.

Thanks for you help!!!

1160290624_fullres.jpg

Cardboard and ductape and spray paint. If I had a model, I'd make the suit in pep, but I couldnt find one, that suit isnt mine, but I found it a while back.

i just started thinking about building the gravity gun , aha, or the pulse rifle , good luck on finding your PDO. :)

Look what i found

"Create and edit models for games like Quake I, II, III, Half-Life, Unreal Tournament"

This came from MilkShape 3D web page

*head palm* you can make and edit, but it doesnt include, we dont want models for the games, we want models for pepakura. That would mean the models would be .obj or .3ds usually (there are other formats) but Milkshake 3d would be making the models yourself, then exporting them as the file format the games use.

AoBfrost said:
*head palm* you can make and edit, but it doesnt include, we dont want models for the games, we want models for pepakura. That would mean the models would be .obj or .3ds usually (there are other formats) but Milkshake 3d would be making the models yourself, then exporting them as the file format the games use.
but it not that hard to take a game model and taking out the armor isnt that how Robogenisis does his

Last edited by a moderator:
Spartan 051 said:
but it not that hard to take a game model and taking out the armor isnt that how Robogenisis does his
with halo3 it is. something to do with an encoded way of looking at the vertex coordinates or something. i could be wrong but i believe he got them the same way the rest of us did when vroggy posted the link a while back. its gone now.
for the model of Gorden try turbosquid.com or the like, it might pop up.

flying_squirl said:
with halo3 it is. something to do with an encoded way of looking at the vertex coordinates or something. i could be wrong but i believe he got them the same way the rest of us did when vroggy posted the link a while back. its gone now.
for the model of Gorden try turbosquid.com or the like, it might pop up.
i didnt get it form vroggy i found it on google

Sometimes the models are encoded into files, you cant just open them, the companies who make these games want to hide and protect them so people dont go stealing the models.

AoBfrost said:
Sometimes the models are encoded into files, you cant just open them, the companies who make these games want to hide and protect them so people dont go stealing the models.
not really there software that called GameAssassin that allows you to open file from games

May I have it too, please? I've been asked to do a HEV set as a commission for a friend and this is just the ticket I've been looking for.

I found the half life 2 model of the HEV suit online today, seems the model is in a format 3dsmax doesnt want to open.

AoBfrost said:
I found the half life 2 model of the HEV suit online today, seems the model is in a format 3dsmax doesnt want to open.
skullcandy can help up there you open my max file for me

If you have the game you can extract the model from the root folders right into Designer, usually. It might not be the right format, but i'll look into it.

-Justin

P.S.
I think Combine Police would be the shizzle too!

I have all the models from Half-Life Synergy, but they're all weird files I've never seen before...

.dx8, .dx9, .vtx, .phy, .vvd to name a few... could anyone convert these to .pdo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back