Wax

Status
Not open for further replies.

Damien

i was told by a sculpter that he uses wax instead of clay. it sounds like a good endevor. any ideas?

I remember they used to do that on this stupid show where they made crappy robot animals to see If it could kill this other crappy robot animal.

They would carve the wax and then put it in a box full of this black sand stuff. Next they would pour molten Aluminum or something onto the wax and when they took the sand out there would be an exact copy of the piece.

I would think you would need high density wax but I don't see why it wouldn't work
Good luck

I worked as a bronze sculptor for well... a LONG time and we had to make all of our stuff in wax..
Sometimes you could sculpt with it, but in most cases you sculpted in clay, then made a mold so that you could cast your stuff in wax.
I wouldn't recomend it as a sculpting medium, especially if you're going to be making a mold.

And if you're wondering what a wax chief would look like:

d4bb_12.JPG

http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopi...l=Bronze+Statue

It was on discovery channel like 3 years ago and it sucked so it got canceled in like five episodes.

Who would of thought two robotic animal death machines would be boring?

Also cool wax chief except he looks a little anorexic in the leg region.
Was the statue carved or casted from a huge mold?

sculpted in clay, then made a mold so that you could cast it in wax

I'd suspect thats how this was done, but it could feasably have been sculpted in wax... improbable but not impossible.

Last edited by a moderator:
Digital Demise said:
It was on discovery channel like 3 years ago and it sucked so it got canceled in like five episodes.

Who would of thought two robotic animal death machines would be boring?

Also cool wax chief except he looks a little anorexic in the leg region.
Was the statue carved or casted from a huge mold?

OH YEAH, I remember. I actually liked that show. I miss it as I miss beyond human.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.