Weta Odst Helmet, *beware 56K Users!*

Status
Not open for further replies.
first layer paint: chrome

Mix vasoline, salt, dirt, apply mixture on edges, corners, where ever you want the wear and tear. Paint desired color for final layer. scrape off mixture

heres a rough example

100_0336-1.jpg

Pictures are dark, i gave my plastic body aeg a damaged appearence using the same method.

100_0550.jpg

100_0551.jpg

Wow, you re-painted your helmet because of my comment? Well, hope I didn't make you think you did too bad of a job :)

Anyways, lovin' the new paintjob, grade A sir. What method did you use to weather it?

Haha, I did indeed, but you were right, and im glad you made an honest comment as we cant progress if people say everything is perfect! Same as before paint wise, but more metallic paint, and some dirt effects!

haleyftw said:
7918_126744658692_511453692_2568068_3687014_n.jpg

Here's a photo I took of mightymints testing whether he could safely drive in the helmet :p

is it just me, or are you driving a British car?? or did you just flit the pic?

Savvy

Last edited by a moderator:
SavvyTank said:
is it just me, or are you driving a British car?? or did you just flit the pic?

Savvy

I am indeed. Haley was over visiting me from Texas, but im moving to Texas in like 2 months! I think i was in Texas when I made the account and dint change it back haha.

Saltiest dog in the Corps right there. That helmet looks like it's been blown up and shot more times than I have. VERY nice job on the "weathering". Now you just gotta have a story for each dent and crack and ding.

Mal

Dude, that helmet... mmm... sure is minty-fresh :D (sorry, couldn't resist, lol)

Awesome work on the new paint job. Really looks like it's been through hell and back. And I like the extra bits of "realism" you added to it. I take it you're going to be doing up the rest of the ODST armour to match? :unsure

Gotta have that all-around war-torn look to it, after all ;)

mightymints said:
IMGP0795.jpg

Small addition to the underside to try and add a little more detail and realism!

Whats the Turner A

cuz my last name is Turner lol and my fist is Austin

yeah, the handscanner will be done shortly, the screen should be fully working. The armor will also be done very soon.

EDIT, My name is Ash Turner haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back