Wh40K Arms And Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyvern

Sr Member
Hi guys I'm trying to learn how to make stuff in Milk shape 3d and need help.

So I'm not able to post pictures of files but i will post pictures once I've practiced a little and made complete models worthy of pepakura file status.

If a more experienced modeler who makes models with milk shape can provide my with some tips, help, advice I'd appreciate it. :D

I'm mostly modeling Tau and space Marines due to my familiarity with them, BUT.....I'll make a requested model provided you can give me enough references or I find enough references to make to piece.

I am currently trying to make a cut down standard human scale Bolter Pistol.

Pics to be posted once I've made progress.

This is a W.I.P./Request/model depository/file database thread.

P.S. I don't have the passcode for Pepakura Designer so if someone or someone's :rolleyes can take that task of saving a unfold and .OBJ unfolded file of the model I'd appreciate that .

P.S.S. EVENTUALLY I will get the passcode ........But right now I'm **** out of luck broke of cash right now.

See ya guys!

i would have to agree with project phoenix i find milk shape kinda low tech an you will have much better luck with blender (www.blendercookies.com is a great way to learn blender) but if milk shape works for you go right ahead 3d modeling a fun cheap hobby

Sorry for double posting guys but I'm making templates for a Bolter Pistol the old school way of making them on paper for a sliced version.

If anyone wants the template blue prints that i will be posting They are pictures with approximate measurements.....I say approximate because my nice shiny metal ruler cant be found.

Tyvern said:
Sorry for double posting guys but I'm making templates for a Bolter Pistol the old school way of making them on paper for a sliced version.

If anyone wants the template blue prints that i will be posting They are pictures with approximate measurements.....I say approximate because my nice shiny metal ruler cant be found.

you could have just edited your post instead of double posting ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Milkshape was good about 8 years ago, and is mainly used for very simple animations (see max payne), to as the others suggested trash that and go onto blender.

While blender isn't the best, it's the free-est, and there are squillions of useful tutorials. Like this one http://www.gryllus.net/Blender/3D.html that's where I'm learning some of my stuff just to get used to blender a little more, get some techniques down, and then move onto Maya or something.

Anyway, good luck with the project, I'll be keeping watch.

Horgh said:
Milkshape was good about 8 years ago, and is mainly used for very simple animations (see max payne), to as the others suggested trash that and go onto blender.

While blender isn't the best, it's the free-est, and there are squillions of useful tutorials. Like this one http://www.gryllus.net/Blender/3D.html that's where I'm learning some of my stuff just to get used to blender a little more, get some techniques down, and then move onto Maya or something.

Anyway, good luck with the project, I'll be keeping watch.

THANK YOU! :D

I try to see how fast I can learn and model the files.

I'll be making: Tau, Chaos Space Marines, Space Marines, Imperial Guard, Halo.

But this thread is geared towards the 40K universe

make sure you can model it is not for every one you have a long list for someone who hasnt modeled before just dont get discouraged

[quote name'Spartan 051' date='19 May 2010 - 08:04 PM' timestamp='1274313894' post='428223']

make sure you can model it is not for every one you have a long list for someone who hasnt modeled before just dont get discouraged

[/quote]

I make sure I keep that in mind. ;)

lunar lord said:
nice i need imperial guard peps lol

I'll see what you want me to do..1st-last in a list for me please...Then I'll the pieces I can model based on complexity, reference material available, current skill level

Okay I'll bump this with a interest update....

I am currently making a #4 pattern Lasgun rifle for the WH40K Imperium Of Man Imperial Guard.

I am also in the process of creating a 4shared account.

Time till completion is probably 2 and 1/2 weeks.

you shouldn't bump its not allowed and stop double posting. Or i'll give you a warn stat. I told you it many times now.

oh and where are your progress pictures? Cous so far its just an epty work in progress thread without pictures. Wich means i should close this. Grab a screenshot quick or i'll close this within 12 hours ;)

Rundown be running a tight ship... play nice and by the rules guys. :-D

im working(somewhat) on my psp b/c com. is down and if you look for a wh4Ok blender file rifle its low def and mine

so wait this hole thread been useless..if you pc down good luck using bender you need a mouse an a keyboard you cant do it with a trackpad (well you can but not worth it), touch or what not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back