What do yall use for visors?

So I have used three different materials for my past Spartan visors but the only one I would reccomend is what I did for my latest one. My first one was sunglass lenses, it worked but limited vision, it was my first cosplay so I had no idea what else to do lol. The second one was a motorcycle visor, but I had to use a ton of hot glue to hold it in place and that only worked because I built the helmet over a bike helmet, so it was a bit clunky. And lastly, I used some Cricuit brand flexible plastic that I put car tint on. All of my methods have been flat, so if you want something vacuum formed, that is not my expertise but the take away is that any flexible plastic will work as long as you tint it before putting. For the love of all that is holy, if you are using a plastic tint roll, put the tint on first, trust me!

I’ve done two different things. I have a vacuumformer from mayku that used for my mk7. But I resin printed my ISR visor. The resin print takes a lot more prep and clean to get ready, but it’s more sturdy and not flimsy. Formed is way less time but is thinner. It’s mostly preference. Both you put a very thin layer of mirror chrome paint in the inside. If you want a color, I died all mine.

I’ve done two different things. I have a vacuumformer from mayku that used for my mk7. But I resin printed my ISR visor. The resin print takes a lot more prep and clean to get ready, but it’s more sturdy and not flimsy. Formed is way less time but is thinner. It’s mostly preference. Both you put a very thin layer of mirror chrome paint in the inside. If you want a color, I died all mine.
I was thinking of using resin, but dont resin printers cost as much as 3d printers?

I used 0.5mm petg plastic sheets and CC (Cheap Chinese) mirrored window tint. Just one layer of the tint super glued on the edges has held it in place. The tint is pretty clear but the bent plastic visor warps your vision a lot. Still, great stuff if u don't mind waiting, or using more expensive local products. The reflection on it is superb

Attachments

• 20230603_084114.jpg
    20230603_084114.jpg
    665.9 KB · Views: 133
  • 20230603_083738.jpg
    20230603_083738.jpg
    772.7 KB · Views: 142
  • 20230604_144707.jpg
    20230604_144707.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 127
I used 0.5mm petg plastic sheets and CC (Cheap Chinese) mirrored window tint. Just one layer of the tint super glued on the edges has held it in place. The tint is pretty clear but the bent plastic visor warps your vision a lot. Still, great stuff if u don't mind waiting, or using more expensive local products. The reflection on it is superb
looks good on that ODST, howd u get it in the perfect visor shape?

Trust me it's definitely not perfect! I cut and heated the visor plastic in your parts, top and bottom. Then I just cut slightly bigger templates onto the tint and glued it in place. I lost track of how many attempts I did, but I'm ended being happy with this one and used it in the helmet. Heroesworkshop has a foam odst helmet video that shows u how to do it slightly differently to the way I did.

Screenshot_20230724_111104_YouTube.jpg

I vacuum form and then dye and chrome my visors. Made a tutorial here: Dying and Chroming Visors (Cheap) TUTORIAL
If I ever remake my visor, I'm coming back to that tutorial.

My current one was vacuum formed, but I was limited on time and good pulls and didn't have dye or an airbrush. Instead I lightly tapped chrome gold paint from a distance on the inside of the visor and it gave a good affect. The plus is that it's cheap and looks good, downside is that visibility could definitely be better.

This thread is more than 8 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back