what shoulder would go well with Emiles Kukri?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good plan. Foam is flexible so you'll be able to stretch it if really HAVE to reach something. Pep and 3d printing don't stretch so your movement is kinda locked. I'd recommend contact cement as an adhesive but hot glue works for temporary fixes and/or super small details.
So, can I take pep files and use them for foam? I realized right when I was posting this that yes I can. But I need that post count. 86 days until I can join regiment. 12 more posts

So, can I take pep files and use them for foam? I realized right when I was posting this that yes I can. But I need that post count. 86 days until I can join regiment. 12 more posts
That's how I made both of my suits. I don't like the straight-to-foam templates because with pepakura I can put the paper model together to see if the scale will fit correctly before I make it out of foam. And I feel you on that post count, this makes my 50th ;)

That's how I made both of my suits. I don't like the straight-to-foam templates because with pepakura I can put the paper model together to see if the scale will fit correctly before I make it out of foam. And I feel you on that post count, this makes my 50th ;)
Congrats! I think I have 11 to go!

Nope had 10. Now its 9!
Stap it! Haha, but keep in mind there is no rush. You still have plenty of days and if you just go around the forums posting constructive comments, you will have a couple hundred posts, even if you dont always respond or post. It adds up. There are also different ways to apply templates to foam, such as layer blueprints, but these are mostly for props

So, to move back into an armor discussion. How much padding does the undersuit have? And what would you recommend for a neck seal? I have a foam gym mat that is very flexible. I was planning to use most of this for the undersuit.
This could work, but I would expect that that would insulate your body causing you to overheat very quickly. Padding for the undersuit is usually not necessary, but this also depends on the suit you are making. For reach style armor, I would expect it to be minimal if not none

This could work, but I would expect that that would insulate your body causing you to overheat very quickly. Padding for the undersuit is usually not necessary, but this also depends on the suit you are making. For reach style armor, I would expect it to be minimal if not none
Mine may turn into a cacophony of reach mixed with halo 3 pieces. This is just because I find the halo 3 recon armor visually appealing. But if I find that the chest doesnt work I have the reach chest in the same folder

I plan on installing mine around the shoulder/chest area, with the curve toward my neck and the handle pointing down, so it shouldn't be on the way. I think tactically so yeah lol, the fastest, secure and easiest access is the way to go !

I plan on installing mine around the shoulder/chest area, with the curve toward my neck and the handle pointing down, so it shouldn't be on the way. I think tactically so yeah lol, the fastest, secure and easiest access is the way to go !
You may want to have the curve facing out, so that it appears combat ready as soon as its deployed :)

this could be another idea !
Something I noticed in the gears of war 5 early access gameplay is that emile doesnt use his kukri when engaging in melee combat. He also does not use his kukri... I am mentioning this because 343i must have given this the thumbs up since these types of things need to be inspected and verified to look acurate, but it is the same animation. Just something to take note of :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back