What to look for when buying a visor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiel terall

Jr Member
Iv been searching high and low locally and online, and I never get any good results. I try black visor, replacement visor etc.. etc..

Any one have some good tips to what I should look for? Or do you have a link to a online site that has visors (I'm looking for a black one)

I know there are billion of visor related threads created daily, but I couldn't find the answers in any.

Ti-el_Terall said:
Iv been searching high and low locally and online, and I never get any good results. I try black visor, replacement visor etc.. etc..

Any one have some good tips to what I should look for? Or do you have a link to a online site that has visors (I'm looking for a black one)
I know there are billion of visor related threads created daily, but I couldn't find the answers in any.

This is the company I bought my visor from online: Sandhills PowerSports. (Also, you can search for HJC visors on eBay for chances of catching good prices. $15 sometimes).

HJCvisora.jpg

Anywho, they sell a variety of replacement visors in mirrored or semi-transparent varieties of colors. For example, they have 'Smoke' & 'Dark Smoke' visors in the brand and size I bought.
You can look at these and other kinds they have to find the look you like.

Things to look for: good curvature, good tilt, adequate height and width, price. If you look at different brands you should consider those factors :)

-Vex

Last edited by a moderator:
valdeztke said:
Well there has to be ONE style/model of visor that works best with the Pep helmet. Why not just post which one works best?

Well, there's not a visor that's gonna fit 100% of ppl, so I can only make general recommendations. (I wish there was one...) Several different kinds and sizes have been posted before, it really just depends how big your melon is and how you plan to attach it to your helmet.

There are tons of good options, I've only listed one.

Other HJ's work great too, like the 09 (and 05 too I think) like you mentioned.

valdeztke said:
Well there has to be ONE style/model of visor that works best with the Pep helmet. Why not just post which one works best?

http://store.helmetsrus.com/hjcfush.html

This store has like 10 different models. I thought I remember someone saying the HJ-09 that fits the AC-10/12 worked best.

Can anyone confirm?

You can by these. I think it's $15 for it, but im not sure if their selling both of 'em for $15

[attachment=680:3cbb_1.jpg]

Just look for a gold visor tint 2 make it look more like the mc...oh ya, heres the link :
http://cgi.ebay.com/2-Vintage-1980s-Bell-M...1QQcmdZViewItem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back