Props Whats Up With Ar's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S1l3nt V1p3r said:
You forgot about me... And UNCS/Sierra... AND xBattleRiflex.... AAAAAND many other BR creators out there.

I agree with Viper. There are a lot of great BR's on this forum! I made the BR because I saw Vipers and a few others and wanted to try my hand at making one. I prefer the BR over the AR in the game too, but the AR is still an awesome weapon to wield in the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
AR's don't suck whatsoever. :) I hate the BR, and always use the AR in-game. I usually get first or second place when I use it. :p

Nugget said:
AR's don't suck whatsoever. :) I hate the BR, and always use the AR in-game. I usually get first or second place when I use it. :p

I don't think the BR sucks :lol: Put us at a little distance and I'll take you out any time. ;)

the assault rifle is the most iconic gun for a video game, if you see a gamer and show them the gun they will say its halo. show them the battle rifle and they will have to look closer. the battle rifle was used in halo 2 as a mix between the assault rifle and pistols zoom capabilities. they then added the assault rifle back in halo 3 due to popular demand and because is is cool, referred to as the halo cannon by one of the artists at bungie.

some people use their armor and guns for display, at them moment i have the video of adam at walmart with his gun just casually walking around the store. now with a battle rifle, they look like average guns used by todays military. you would probably have a swat team taking you down if you went around with one.

as for design, the AR has more characteristics, it has the top cover area which is unlike any of the other guns, it has the formed grips on the bottom. unlike the battle rifles flat and smooth finish. there are buttons, and flashy lights on the AR, not on the battle rifle, it is a much better design than the battle rifle.

now, the reason people love the BR is because it is overpowered and over used in halo 2 and 3, if it played like a automatic with no scope you would not use it, you would tend to go with the assault rifle.

if you want to truely find out what you prefer get halo combat evolved on the pc and create some mods for it, customise the assault rifle to only fire 32 bullets and make a battle rifle with no scope and fires the same rate as the assault rifle. then that will show which is better.

please remember that this is my opinion, please tell me what you think

hell'z jumper said:

well next to a BR they suck

i found that newer people to halo3 prefer the AR then once they get better they start using the BR

Hello, MLG wannabe.

Look, I'm going to settle this topic for you quite simply:

People made an Assault Rifle because they WANTED to. And you sitting up on your Battle Rifle high-horse and whining about in-game stats and how much 'better' the weapon is to the Assault Rifle is going to get you laughed the Hell at until you fall off. If you want to see more Battle Rifle with costumes then here's my suggestion:

Make one.

Otherwise, please. Have a shutupcake, let people who want to make an Assault Rifle make an Assault Rifle, and quit whining about it, because making a fuss about other people's costumes when you don't have one yourself is pretty damned petty. And especially don't start bringing in-game statistics to a costuming discussion, or I promise you I'm going to laugh my ass off at you.

Here before the Lock.

Seriously, What is up with you people making these pointless threads??
And, Have you never played Halo combat evolved?Cuz Back then, AR was the best weapon possible.
I Admit, In Halo3 It was quite useless.
BUT IN HALO1 IT ROCKED!!!(way better than BR)

JustMe

Well I find that I'll use the Ar when I need to, and I'll use the Br when I have to. Plus the original discussion was why everyone makes the Ar and not the Br, well I seem to think it is because of these reasons.

1. Because everyone likes them and wants to.

2. Because the basic shape is a lot easier to maintain.

3. Because the Ar is more iconic looking than the Br because I have not seen a gun that looks like it.

There are more reasons that everyone has stated, but those are about the in-game weapon, not so much about the prop.
And remeber try not to bend Reason number 1. because it is what they want to do. But as the saying goes, "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder." Where people see the "Faults" others might see the "Beauty" in the weapon.

Well there's my two cents.

ORLY?!
F2000.jpg

S1l3nt V1p3r said:

Do you honestly thing people would drop to their knees if you brought that to a bank? lawl.

They'd probably just thing it's a water bottle.

And that's why the AR wins. It looks enough like a gun to be called a gun, but enough like a Sci-Fi gun that people will know it's a prop. Perfect for public.

How bout instead of comparing, lets just put together :p

So like a Battle Assault rifle. There, im happy with it, i feel like making them into both xD

So...Everyone is different, differnt taste in things, My taste is Battle rifle, and the assault rifle, but i find the assault rifle to be complicated to make, so i tried the BR, then i got it to work so now ... Assault rifles turn.

SprayNoob (Ralph P.)

SprayNoob said:
How bout instead of comparing, lets just put together :p

So like a Battle Assault rifle. There, im happy with it, i feel like making them into both xD

So...Everyone is different, differnt taste in things, My taste is Battle rifle, and the assault rifle, but i find the assault rifle to be complicated to make, so i tried the BR, then i got it to work so now ... Assault rifles turn.

SprayNoob (Ralph P.)
That's where the MA5K comes in. ;)

Nono, if you think bout it, the concept of Odst's there is something like a BR and a AR together,

But thats in my opinion xD

SprayNoob said:
Nono, if you think bout it, the concept of Odst's there is something like a BR and a AR together,

But thats in my opinion xD

Like this? : D
I call it the BR55C.
BR55C.png

Spartan-343 said:
This needs to get locked, its mainly nothing but pointless arguing. :cautious:

dude your the only person agienst this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back