Where To Buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psycho610

Hi,

Ive been searching around the forums and seeing stuff about people selling armor.

I am wanting to find a helmet so the rest of the making of my suit easier and faster.

If you can tell me where to buy one of these it would be nice!

um you can't do that sorry,just build your own suit, it always takes people years. No one can build a suit in one year unless they molded an old one.

thepuma said:
um you can't do that sorry,just build your own suit, it always takes people years. No one can build a suit in one year unless they molded an old one.

Or unless you keep working on it lol. I've done almost half of my suit in a matter of 2 days. It just needs paint.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, I'm assuming since this is officially licensed it's okay to link. But if it isn't just let me know and I'll go ahead and remove it, or a mod can go ahead and do it for me.

Anyhow, I actually saw an ad playing on the side of the forums where you can buy a suit:

http://www.urban-collector.com/machcoco.html

It's pretty decent looking for off the shelf costumes, though I'm definitely not a fan of their visor.

Still, making a suit is half the fun. You get to customize it just the way you want, get in extra detail, etc. and get the satisfaction of saying you made it.

There was a friend of mine who I thought made his armor, and that's what got me thinking "Heck, if he can, I can do it too! Except I'll make an ODST, because ODSTs are awesomer" (real word). Then I ran across this ad today and realized he bought his. hah, oh well. It got me motivated to make my own, so that's a good thing. :)

DO NOT buy that cheap armor my friend, alot of people here don't think its accurate or something like that. Besides, Why waste 200 big ones for a suit like that, when you can make a game accurate one for more or less than 100 big ones.

Peping armor may take years or days like that one dude said. You just have to be patient and soon you will be walking around with your armor on getting all the girls(I think lol).

So all in all, make some armor or make some monies, and alot of it.

-Pony (y) (y) (y)

Pepakura is magic. You can print actual 3D models onto paper, rather than sculpting a brick of clay in the general shape of a helmet like some companies do. The members of the 405th are highly talented and experienced people you should try to learn from. Your armor *probably* isn't something you're forced against your will to do for a deadline. So take it slow, take the time to read and experiment, and make your own piece you can appreciate.

I took 2 months to do mine, but I heavily reinforced mine so it would last. Start to finish was just under 2 months for me.

Psycho610 said:
Ive been searching around the forums and seeing stuff about people selling armor.

I am wanting to find a helmet so the rest of the making of my suit easier and faster.

If you can tell me where to buy one of these it would be nice!

There's a classified section here but because of your status, you can't have access to it yet. So, in lieu of that, I suggest that you look around and take note of the work done by other members. If you like them, send them a pm and maybe they'll be able to make you a resin cast. Keep in mind that many here do not have the ability to make resin casts so don't take it personally if they turn you down. In addition, if they're able to make one for you, be ready to pay some serious cash. The materials used for making them aren't cheap.

Well, there's always the pepakura route. Making a helmet out of pep is not really that difficult.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ral has a good idea. But, if you can't find someone that is willing to work with you right now, and you still want to buy a helmet to complete your suit, you could try working on the rest of the suit right now while you build up the required number of posts to be able to view and post in the classifieds section (around 60 posts, if it hasn't changed). Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back