Where to cut out the Visor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agenator

Okay So I finished gluing my helmet together but I have a qestion, What pieces do I cut out now. I cut out the bottom back pieces so that my neck would fit in it but now its to loose, is there anyway to fix that. Also what numbers (pictures would be great) do I cut out so that I can put my visor in after resin/bondo. Third question, how do I keep my chin in the chin guard? Everytime I put my helmet on, it slips down and my mouth is where the visor is supposed to be.... What wrong and how do I fix? Thanks for the help
AGenator

The thing about papercraft is that it's just a 3d model. It's not really meant to be worn. You've got to make it that way. To figure out where to cut, I'd suggest looking at the Mark VI (if that's what you're doing) reference gallery to see where the visor starts/ends.

As for the fit of the helmet, I don't know what the pros here use, but I'd think that taking some foam and lining the inside of the helmet would suffice. Thicker where necessary and whatnot.

um, I looked at the reference but I want to be as precise as possible so maybe if someone who has already built a pep helmet before could tell me where they cut it out it would be helpful. Also, can you cut pieces out after you resin?

Agenator said:
Also, can you cut pieces out after you resin?

Yeah. Actually, I think it's recommended. You'll probably need a dremmel tool though.

Last edited by a moderator:
okay so does that means that I can cut some of the visor out now and then after I get the final visor, go back and finish cutting it out? I just wish I could view some real pictures of a cutout visor...

Just cut out the area of the 2 giant peices that made up the visor, then smoothern it out and trim the tabs with siccors or a dremel cut off wheel, then use the dremel to cut off the gold visor and just fit it in, a standard sized hjc helmet visor will fit in with the sides trimmed off.

Frost is right about the motor cycle visors...

Post pictures of your pep... a front view, side view, and bottom view, and I will indicate on those pictures where to cut out. PM me when you post the pictures so that I know they are up.

Spase said:
Frost is right about the motor cycle visors...

Post pictures of your pep... a front view, side view, and bottom view, and I will indicate on those pictures where to cut out. PM me when you post the pictures so that I know they are up.

I too was wondering this, so if the pics were posted here, that'd be sweet.

Thanks Spase. :not worthy:

Last edited by a moderator:
This is really the only parts that look like that need to be trimmed... but you should really reinforce your helm before cutting the visor out at all, or it will warp easily

The area between 69, and 14, right below where I marked in blue might also need to be removed to fit a visor if you don't want to trim the visor to fit, but that depends really on what type of visor you use

med_gallery_3819_134_43115.jpg

Well its a little late to not cut it out but thanks for the tip, im planning on making another helmet with a friend and we wont cut out the visor so soon. One question, would you cut it out before or after bondo? Anyway, thanks for the help. I plan on resining either tomorrow or Sunday!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back