Wooot, First Pep Part Complete Xd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jyoumon

Jr Member
Heh, i have completed the pep on the first stage of my armor, and possibly the second most annoying too >_<, the spartan chest plate is Completely peped and now proceding into Resining Woooot :lol:

XD, yeah thats why i said Second most annoying, and NOT true :D, ya never saw the beginning of the universe, but it happened :lol: :p [attachment=9740:185255.jpg][attachment=9739:185225.jpg]
And that was done using Hot glue :D, im a pretty agile fingered guy when it comes to models, i just get burned a bit too XD

um im not completly sure but you "GUY" and that looks to me like the female breast plate...

well..its NOT....i actually messed around with it a bit, so that my sister can wear it as well...though it will be a bit bulky on her XD. but yeah, im a big guy.

Though i was expecting it to be a little smaller, i thought i got the sizeing right when i did it..maybe i was off by an inch or so

and ...the arm sides....are WIDE....man...it feels like i could get another arm in there

back looks pretty good but it sticks out a bit at the front :cautious: I would've started with something easier to pep. I started with the crotch for my armor. but otherwise, looks good :)

well, i started on the helmet at first, got a lot cut out....then i found i was supposed to use 120 pound paper...instead of 40 pound, and ill probably start on the helmet again soon, or start on the crotch...i only have a 2 months to complete as much as possible, im heading to SanJapan with it :D, and i was hoping to get a more or less working Machinegun/chaingun done too but that might have to be done after.

I totally agree with you about the difficulty rating for the chest plate. I hated myself for messing up this pep. O well.
But good job ;) , this your first pep ever?

Yeah it is :D, but ive always been pretty good at oragami and folding stuff, used to do betwen 40-50 folding shurikans and planes a day back in High school.

kept running out of paper.

It's supposed to be big like that. Not really big, but big enough. Also, it looks a bit crushed on the right side in the first pic. Other than that, I also agree that you should have started with something easier. But, no problem, just really annoying if you have to redo it :D

All I can say is that resining it is going to be hell. I just resined my helmet for OSDT, and that was SOOOO annoying. Anyways, it looks nice.

hmm i guess thats about right, just looked back at MCs armor and saw the size difference XD.

heh, i say if it aint hard, dont do it, hell i dont even play GAMES on easy or medium XD

Ohh and Temujin, can i ask?, where you get that sig model?, i was wanting to put one up, but i dont want to take one of yours.

OK , ill be nice, i took 4 more pics of me in the armor so far, ...actually feels pretty good.

[attachment=9746:194425.jpg][attachment=9747:194446.jpg]
[attachment=9748:194457.jpg][attachment=9749:194513.jpg]

Feel bad dredging up an old thread, but it is mine, and a bit of an update.

I had a bit of a mishap at work, nothing physical on me, but i lost it, as well that put the project on hold for a good bit,....unfortunitly for me, i found that there were also 2-3 different KINDS of fiberglass stuff, liquid resin and a fiberglass putty resin....well my know it all father who used to WORK with fiber glass thought that a thin puddy would work well....little did he forget to mention that after that i would have to SAND it down.....under PAPER.

So i have a good 4-5 inch Splotch of Super hard Fiberglass putty stuck to the front of my armor =_=, as well i DID find the Liquid resin at the local Walmart.....well that went about as well as a monkey in a china shop, the paper held up but the spots where the model was being held started to buckle and eventually completely collapsed inwards, after that i left the project alone for a few ...days in my shed....little did i even think to use logic on that idea.

Metal Shed+90-100 degree weather+HOT GLUE JOINTS= failure

T_T, so yeah, a bunch of the little edges and spots where there was a good bit of stress on the glue completely fell apart and so i have to work against partially hardened resin AND superglue AND Hot glueing it back together T_T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back