Wow. This Blows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leadingspartan

I just got the red ring of death, again, in less then 1 month of play time. I haven't even been playing that much on it. 1 hour a week. Now I might be on my 14th Xbox, or my 1st PS3. What should I do, Should I open it?

Lots of swearing below. Intense language.

Ok, I'm now on my 14th f***ing Xbox f***ing 360. This is the biggest Bull$#!T ever. If your a huge as corporation, shouldn't you make f***ing game consoles that f***ing work for more then 5 f***ing days? I might have to resolve to getting a f***ing PS3! For f*** sake, In the middle of Halo 3 Matchmaking? What the f***. I just got this son of a bitch back after waiting for 3 whole weeks, even past Christmas and New Years. Now I have to send this bull $#!T piece of f***ing crap to some dumbass company who does nothing? WHAT THE f***! Microsoft can go suck its own f***ing dick, because I f***ing swear to f***ing god that im going to sue that mother f***ing company. Son of a f***ing bitch. Im switching to f***ing sony.

Last edited by a moderator:
Leadingspartan said:
I just got the red ring of death, again, in less then 1 month of play time. I haven't even been playing that much on it. 1 hour a week. Now I might be on my 14th Xbox, or my 1st PS3.

Lots of swearing below. Intense language.

Ok, I'm now on my 14th f***ing Xbox f***ing 360. This is the biggest Bull$#!T ever. If your a huge as corporation, shouldn't you make f***ing game consoles that f***ing work for more then 5 f***ing days? I might have to resolve to getting a f***ing PS3! For f*** sake, In the middle of Halo 3 Matchmaking? What the f***. I just got this son of a bitch back after waiting for 3 whole weeks, even past Christmas and New Years. Now I have to send this bull $#!T piece of f***ing crap to some dumbass company who does nothing? WHAT THE f***! Microsoft can go suck its own f***ing dick, because I f***ing swear to f***ing god that im going to sue that mother f***ing company. Son of a f***ing bitch. Im switching to f***ing sony.

..... Damn that sucks. May I ask where you keep your 360? In an oven perhaps?

That sucks man, 14th xbox? Microsoft must of just tweak with one thing and just return it.

I play mine about ........ 40+ hours a week, day

Just my opinion:

after 14 xboxes? I don't think you should go for another one, and call it 15th. Ps3, try it out, its not that bad, just "Keep it in open places, and treat it like a new born baby :3

SprayNoob

Fourteen units implies user-related mishaps, not something from Microsoft itself.

Did you for once try a NEW unit? I hate to sound like the Microsoft faithful, but fourteen units can't be just pure bad luck. Screaming up a cuss-storm and throwing a tantrum may not be entirely justified - perhaps you've overlooked something.

As for Microsoft's repair and return policy: they do repair your original console and return it to you. Sometimes the repairs aren't definitive, especially with older models - buying a newer unit may be your answer rather than throwing your bottle from the baby cart.

However, it's your choice. If you want to switch to a PS3 and go down the anti-Microsoft route then I say 'more power to you, and more the fool you'.

Save your money, dont get another crapbox 360 or a ps3.........use the money to get a decent gaming pc and go that route. I'd tell microsoft they could put the 360 where the sun doesnt shine!

My 360 redringed on my birthday last year, it was $#!Tty.

But, it was my fault not Microsoft, I had it in a very dusty room and used to keep it on the floor in the living room (long fiber carpet=Deadbox)

They replaced it instead of repairing it and gave me a free 3 Month's of xboxlive, I have had that same one and have yet to have a problem with it (knock on wood, XD).

BTW, I went with a 360 and a damn amazing gaming PC.

Custom built and beastly :p .

4Gb RAM 800Mhz DDR2
320Gig HD
Core 2 Duo E8500 3.0Ghz
P5Q Deluxe Mobo
680 Watt BFG PSU
4870 512Mb DDR5
Dual 22in LCD monitors
Sony surround sound
...and an assload of blue LED fans with 2 blue cold cathode tubes :cool: .

Buying a car so I have yet to add on to it.

Crucible said:
Fourteen units implies user-related mishaps, not something from Microsoft itself.

However, it's your choice. If you want to switch to a PS3 and go down the anti-Microsoft route then I say 'more power to you, and more the fool you'.

The hardware failure rate is unconscionably high for 360's. I'm not that surprised that you've had failure on a good number of units. Statistically, you *should* have had much better luck but that's not how the world seems to work. You can ask Sean how many RROD's and laser returns his game center has done =\ These systems can fail even when treated well. I took very nice care of mine, gave it plenty of space and it over heated in winter time (in a cold house V_V). I turned in my old RROD (at no charge) and they sent a new/refurbished one. It's disk tray/laser reader is faulty. Microsoft has an unstable product, albeit one with great games. If mine dies, I'll continue to replace until it becomes a personal financial blunder lol.

PS3's are pretty great. Liking other systems doesn't make someone a fool. Sony offers one of the cheapest Blu-Ray players, and that alone is worth the expenditure. There are not as many good games for this system (true), but Blu Ray movies + a few spectacular exclusives, and a free network make it a fun alternative. Mirror's Edge, LBP, Metal Gear Solid, Ratchet and Clank are all fun titles.

PC's are xxxx paramount in gaming also. If you don't already have a great machine, that would be a superior investment. I don't know what I would do without my system (both for work and play).

Good luck man. Hope you find something that works out for you.

FYI everybody, the 360 is *MUCH* more reliable and long-lived on it side, not in the vertical orientation.

The heat escape and air flow is much better horizontally. When we changed the orientation on our 18 consoles here at work our RROD's decreased by at least 75%.

Just a tip. ;)

Vexona said:
PS3's are pretty great. Liking other systems doesn't make someone a fool.

I never implied that it did - merely, that screaming one's head off rather than being calm and realising a new unit would be a better choice after fourteen returns, than depending on fixing up an older, less reliable unit. I have no problems with people preferring other systems - I myself do a lot of gaming on my PC and I have nothing against the PS3 itself.

Read what I said, not what you think I said :)

PC is the way to go, "Next gen" game consoles were out of date about 10 minutes after their release do to PC gaming capabilities. Also there not made of plastic crap that all game systems use, and they can do more than your Xbox could ever wish. I have 6 computers in total and my six year old computer can play both Halo 1 and FEAR on high graphics and it is the same way it came in the box. all my newer computers can play any game out there with out any struggle. Also since console games were made they have been basic computers and they started out extremly well, yet somehow they have only gotten worse, as graphics imporved console quality got worse and worse. Consoles are just extremly basic computers ment to play high quality games, yet computers can do the same thing with out being basic and give you features Pisstation 3 and Xcrap 360 couldn't.

M07Marauder said:
My 360 redringed on my birthday last year, it was $#!Tty.

But, it was my fault not Microsoft, I had it in a very dusty room and used to keep it on the floor in the living room (long fiber carpet=Deadbox)

They replaced it instead of repairing it and gave me a free 3 Month's of xboxlive, I have had that same one and have yet to have a problem with it (knock on wood, XD).

BTW, I went with a 360 and a damn amazing gaming PC.

Custom built and beastly :p .

4Gb RAM 800Mhz DDR2
320Gig HD
Core 2 Duo E8500 3.0Ghz
P5Q Deluxe Mobo
680 Watt BFG PSU
4870 512Mb DDR5
Dual 22in LCD monitors
Sony surround sound
...and an assload of blue LED fans with 2 blue cold cathode tubes :cool: .

Buying a car so I have yet to add on to it.

OK now thats a pc!!! hopefully with xp and not vista!

Spartan857 said:
OK now thats a pc!!! hopefully with xp and not vista!
I just got my 14th Xbox. Bought a brand new one. My previous 13 were all brand new consoles. I bought, then returned. All from cost co. So that i could return whenever i want. I just return. Take store credit, and buy a new one.

Leadingspartan said:
I just got my 14th Xbox. Bought a brand new one. My previous 13 were all brand new consoles. I bought, then returned. All from cost co. So that i could return whenever i want. I just return. Take store credit, and buy a new one.

I think the cost co you go to is cursed lol. after 13 failures I'd go to a gamestop or somethin.

Vexona said:
PC's are penultimate in gaming also.

Vexona, i hate to be a douche here, but penultimate? is that the word you really wan to use here? pcs are the last but one in gaming?

Aside from that, ask them to just replace your consol, not repair it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back