Wrising First Full Suit Wip

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok! so first full suit yay! im starting in the middle/torso area and working my way out. this is my first buil and i will be going a tad fast on it... but what the hey.
first piece done... cod! I had a bit of trouble on the test fit despite adding an inch or two in my total height, but then again I run cross country and play soccer so my thighs arent exactly small... So on to the pics! EDIT: pics taken on bathroom mirror, so its kinda dirty and bad res... sorry
all pieces cut out
3543568582_5b7fa5b4cc_b.jpg

test fit
3543570862_dff8df010c_b.jpg

3543572562_9bbc0767c1_b.jpg

3542763081_60d5f4c3fc_b.jpg

3543574340_78381c92d9_b.jpg

lol, it looks like a diaper, oh keep in mind that it looks like theres extra space because there is not padding, buccles, and im wearing skin-tight leggings with no undersuit look to them.
please comment, updates coming soon!

Yeah theres going to be padding, but even still I'd say its a tad too big. The good thing about the COD piece is that you can cut sections out to lessen the waist diameter. Nice clean folds, keep up the good work. I find it interesting how people do their pep differently. I've tried all different ways. I used to cut sections, then fold and glue, then onto the next section of the piece. But I found that since I hate cutting so much, I just started cutting it all out, then folding and gluing. I like the latter way better.

Keep up the pristine work!

I would say do your torso last just so you can do it in HD and it will look nice. but the cod piece does look a little big.

Okay, so it looks a little to big, BUT you can still have it fit around your waist if you like. On the sides of the front piece, where the sides meet those square sides, you can separate it there, and then slide it through the squares until it fits around your waist. Secure it with velcro, tape, etc. This way, it can fit you and fit someone bigger than you if you lend them the... um... space diaper.

But it is a tester piece after all... just giving ya my 2 cents. :)

thanks everyone for the advice...
I thought it was a little big but when i put it on like it is a have a hell of a time getting my thighs through... so ill probably make a mold and cut it or something...
oh and @ spaz47 i was going to work my way out but like you said i may have to do the chest last just because of its size and complexity... that or the helmet but those are the last 2 for sure.

The torso/helmet really arent as hard as you might think. Yes they are more complicated than your COD, but IMO the HD forearms are harder than any part on the helmet or torso. But it definetly is smart to practice on the simpler pieces to get your technique down. Are you hot-gluing or superglue?

@ timonemycat
Its a super glue type that has characteristics of hot glue when bonding, but it isnt... well, hot, but when cleaning its easy to get off, you can just rub it off your fingers or anything you get it on... very strong and flexible though, check out my first post to see a pic

ugh... so heres where my armor stands, everything, as far as i know... is too big, i just finished my thigh piece and test fitted it, and its obviously too big, so im going to have to scale everything down and reprint. unfortunately like half the suit is printed... waste of paper... though im going to keep going and save it for later, when im taller, and start on a new one now...

the thigh piece
3543603797_0dc508c29f_b.jpg

3543604497_c8e5a662e4_b.jpg

3544413556_2f52846336_b.jpg

well this turned out to be a disaster...
oh and does anyone know where i can find HD files of the thigh and calf

Sorry, it's taking me forever to update, I just got in trouble for something and it's taking forever to get computer access, anyways I pretty much have to rescale everything and do more test fits... Ugh this is annoying, I pretty much wasted 50 sheets, atleast of cardstock. So my new tests will be regular paper and then another set of the real armor, it could be close to the end of the school year before I get started on my final set...

I've almost gotten every peice on my armor in the correct size (after the first test peice) My tip for you is to look at alot of the Chief's pictures. then look at your self A LOT of times and figure in your head what's the length for every peice and then put that knowledge into scaling the pep peices correctly. :D BUT, always do a tester first.

Good luck man!! :D

Quick question to anyone reading my topic, Im trying to get a new printer for myself and I was wondering if anyone had suggestions, but...

-it has to be able to print up to 110 # cardstock
-semi portable
-i dont care if its black and white
-i dont care if its wired or wireless

I think thats it, new update coming soon, printing new test on regular paper as I speak (type)

If you search the stickies you can find stuff on scaling, and while it takes a while, it worked pretty good for me, just add an inch to your hight. (for ex: i'm 5'9'', so I scaled my build at 5'10'' etc) Lol, I had the opposite problem, my cod is freakin skintight-- not a good thing for a guy... Anywho, keep it up, it looks really good! oh, and when you get around to cutting the peices so you can try them on, be carefull! I might have to redo my chest because I cut a 45 angle in half to split it at the top-- not the smartest thing to do. XD

i'll watch your progress, it looks real neat.

I'm not sure if they still carry them or not, but the Best Buy near me had these cheap little printers that went for $20 with black and color ink and cables included. I would just buy these instead of buying replacement ink, because, quite frankly, they were a cheaper alternative. It's really light, and folds up into a nice neat box for storage and transportation. And i need to make a trip over to get another one soon, because i'm almost out of ink :p

It's called a Canon Pixma iP1600... love it

Ok so a quick new update, I printed the new thigh pieces, (HD) but this time theyre smaller because the others were obviously too big... Ill start cutting them out today or tomorrow...
3552164539_7465dc02aa_b.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back