WTF major pepakura problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xero

Jr Member
OK i wasted 9 pecies of cardstock iam using regluar sized printer paper and everything on the page fit in correctly but when i pritend there where major parts of pecies that werent printed i have the settings to letter and both margins to 5 any one no what the problem is????? iam really mad right now

Okay... first off, in order for anyone to give you any advice on how to proceed here, you'll have to clarify what you mean by "there were major parts of pieces that weren't printed".

Do you mean that when the sheets printed out, you only got partials on some of the sheets? As in, some of the pieces got cut off by the edge of the page(s)? o_O

If that's the case here, and you'd mentioned having your printer set up to "letter" format, I'd suggest you adjust it to "landscape". That may help to get the pieces to print out properly...

Xero said:
OK i wasted 9 pecies of cardstock iam using regluar sized printer paper and everything on the page fit in correctly but when i pritend there where major parts of pecies that werent printed i have the settings to letter and both margins to 5 any one no what the problem is????? iam really mad right now

Please use correct grammar, for starters.

Second, could you be more specific? You could be having a variety of different problems with that explanation.

Last edited by a moderator:
AHA! I think I know the answer to your problem. I had this issue when I was printing my pages, and I discovered that you have to print only 3 pages at a time sometimes. I know it takes a long time, but it sucks to waste paper more so there you go! Give it a try and see if it works. Just go to print: pages: 1-3 [print] 4-6 [print] 7-9 [print].

Primal Weyland said:
Because some of us can't get a hold of it that easily.
O, I did not realize. I walked into my local walmart and picked up a ream from a large stack. I didn't take that into consideration.
(I am starting my armor this week too)

That's understood. But bear in mind - some of us don't have Walmart. I personally spent three full days just researching places, before finding card of a suitable grade.

I'll be setting up a 'Pepakura for Morons' help file some time soon to reduce the number of topics created by difficulties.

Do your pages look like there is a large gap at the bottom of a page, and then the pieces are going off the right side of the page... this is common.
This may be as simple as checking the print settings... your printer may be printing the pages in Portrait mode, while pep is in landscape...
PM if you think this is the problem, I can walk you through the fix.

Spase said:
Do your pages look like there is a large gap at the bottom of a page, and then the pieces are going off the right side of the page... this is common.
This may be as simple as checking the print settings... your printer may be printing the pages in Portrait mode, while pep is in landscape...
PM if you think this is the problem, I can walk you through the fix.

Yeah... that's exactly what I thought/said... :) lol

Ya, since Primal lives in the UK as well as i, i can understand why it would be hard to find. As for your problem just do print preview... its what i did.

on the 2d layout page, make sure the pieces are within the dotted lines, then set printer setting to letter and margins to 5. Then switch to landscape.

Xero said:
If the pieces are too big, use the "join/disjoin? face tool and reorganize a bit, you cant except it to fit on the page perfectly just because it's in the dotted line area, if it's right at the dotted line, it will probably be cut off.

leegrisham said:
O, I did not realize. I walked into my local walmart and picked up a ream from a large stack. I didn't take that into consideration.
(I am starting my armor this week too)

that and it kills the trees dude!!

LastSpartan said:
Also because the ink is pretty expensive.
Yeah around here the ink is like $40 for a black cartridge, and color is like $60.

edit: I just took a look at my local wal*mart store online, its really 60 for black and 80 for color.

Primal Weyland said:
I'll be setting up a 'Pepakura for Morons' help file some time soon to reduce the number of topics created by difficulties.
:D

buy4cheapbiz.png

Ok you have to change your paper output to Landscape in two places, first go to Configurations> Printer and Paper COnfiguartion> (change setting to Landscape). the second place is in File> Printer settings> (change to Landscape). that fixed all my problems and if youneed to move your pieces around and rotate them and stuff just look at your tool bar that are 2 buttons next to each other, one is for moving and the other is for rotating. Hope that helped.

Clicketh the Landscapeth

i know pepakura like the back of my hand, but you need to really read the help/troubleshooting option in pepakura designer 2, it will link to TamaSoft, and all of the functions and problems will be solved there.

And Weyland, i have a pepakura for dummies thread open in the noob forum already, but its for assembly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back