1st project MARK VI ( pic heavy ) update 02/September/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back from hols now need some time off or less hours at work to continue as really enjoying this :)

got inside padding of a helmet from a neighbour also so that's one less thing to worry about ;)

Finnish helmet , ( may rebuild lol as first attemts at filler i think i went overboard but will c how it turns out ) and make a few detail changes as well as finish chest and think about LED's .. will post up pics as i go along..

this project will definitely be finished and although id love it finished sooner rather than later ill be taking my time and hopefully getting every thing right :)

thanks for the support :)

I havent done anything else with armour or helmet yet ( roll on the weekend :cool ) but came across these today for just a couple of pounds each ;).. motorcycle accessories

Chest tube - one piece ( just through it on ;) )
P1020106.jpg

neck tube ( has a velcro fastener at the back )
P1020107.jpg

P1020109.jpg

P1020110.jpg

Wonder if these can be implimented into the helmet or chest piece , with some detailing such as faux leather ;)

been busy today .. all resined and mat and rodo on the inside and made the split on the armour :cool

IM a little dusty :)
P1020111.jpg

with the helmet ( wich i am still undecided on scale wise and still needs inside padding so my head is sitting on the top :D )
P1020112.jpg

P1020113.jpg

P1020114.jpg

P1020115.jpg

P1020116.jpg

P1020117.jpg

P1020118.jpg

P1020119.jpg

P1020121.jpg

P1020122.jpg

P1020124.jpg

just wondering what is the preferred way to fit the ab plate ? is this designed to be a separate piece or fit / connect to front of chest plate ?

redoing the forearm though and completed a shoulder piece ..shoulder fit ok but no room for any under armour so made a little bigger so should beable to get into gear now and get a bit further :D

Helmet looks great. Lines and shape look seamless.

Love the fact your wife is supporting you by wearing and helping resin.

@ Fxd2fght - thanks for comment on helmet but personally thinking the helmet is too large at 300mm. prob get a better idea once finished and visor inplace along with padding on the inside which will raise the helmet .... trouble im having at the moment is the shoulder piece..
HD MARK VI BICEP VERSION 2
BY ROBOGENISIS
UNFOLDED BY RAL PARTHA

Fist one built at 300mm and was a bit too snug with no room for the foam or clothing underneath so made a new one at 346mm.. This now seems way to high but will be resining it today and may also do the other to show the difference and post pics up late

well been busy inbetween decorating and alot of working up and down the country

First i finnished pepping the R - Thigh today
Right HD Thigh (Spartan-sized)
Model by crackhead09
Unfolded by Ral Partha

size 405mm
seems ok but cant kneel down ;) may make adjustments on the back bottom half and possible do the inner ribbed parts in foam

HOW YOU THINK IT FITS
P1020155.jpg

P1020156.jpg

P1020157.jpg

P1020153.jpg

P1020152.jpg

Also this week ive worked on the chest piece

P1020158.jpg

P1020160.jpg

& LH SHOULDER

pep file was - MK VI HD Shoulder Left ( no name )

First was made at 300mm but seemed too tight and not much room for anything underneath, so made the next at 346mm still dont know if happy with the fit ..

looked at pep file MKVI_Left_Shoulder_ROBOGENESIS with MKVI_Left_Rerebrace_ROBOGENESIS but unsure about these as the bicep is a seperate file to the shoulder , does anyone know if the can be joined aor if they are mounted seperatly :confused

Any how here is the 346 hd shoulder - packed out with a car claning cloth to keep in place :D
P1020162.jpg

shoulder and chest
P1020172.jpg

346mm fitted
P1020174.jpg

300mm fitted
P1020178.jpg

big shoulder and little shoulder
P1020180.jpg

Any advice or tips on current progress would be much apreciated... thanks again
Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
You look a little bit like a surly Russell Crowe :)
The 346mm looks far more accurate in comparison to your chest piece and helmet than the 300mm does.

helmet was built at 300 , again im leaning more towards the 280mm for helmet now , decide as i progress :D

managed to pep a shin last night - quite easy this piece :cool

HD Shin/Greave (Spartan-sized)
Model by crackhead09
Unfolded by Ral Partha
405th.com

scaled at 439mm
P1020217.jpg

P1020218.jpg

P1020216.jpg

P1020213.jpg

P1020214.jpg

P1020215.jpg

need to get alot more done , just a little hard inbetween work etc...

still undecided if to red the chest piece yet though :confused
seen a few builds , and they are looking awesome and putting mine to shame even though im very much a noob :cool so im seriously considering remaking my chest piece/torso

the rate im going with work etc it will be done for halo 10 :D:D

hope fully next 2 month when get myself into gear :cool

magnets in my above post are great by the way

well after doing allot of work around the house and working flat out abseiling . cherry picker driving etc. i finally have some time to concentrate on my MKVI build so today i have made a start on the right shin detailing - filler etc.

P1020268.jpg

P1020269.jpg

P1020270.jpg

P1020271.jpg

P1020272.jpg

should be able to get a move on with this now ;)

also , ive restarted and almost complet building ( pep ) mkVI chest piece , seen alot of great builds recently and realised the one i was making was not up to standard but practice makes things a whole lot easier and its coming along much nicer than the first :cool

Also today i resined and rondoed the right thigh , well 2 of them to be precise , but one is at 375mm (h ) and one is 400mm (h) , the 375 fits in length perfect , but its a tight fit , the 400 may just do the trick . but i bought some EVA FOAM mats http://www.amazon.co.uk/66FIT-Inter...1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1346604619&sr=8-1-fkmr0 hoping i can use them on the inner thighs but that can wait for now so if ur reading this then any advice on doing this would be great .:cool

Also ive seen this pic
1masterchief.jpg

which shoulders are they as i like the bicep part :D?

thanks

and as always any tips and advice would be great :cool

dave

I'm pretty sure those biceps usually come attached to the shoulders in most files, like in the biceps that you had Bondoed, correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like the biceps are already on. Everything looks really clean though. Good work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back