3D printed Master Chief with undersuit, Mblackwell's project thread

for High-res 3D modeling which would you guys want first:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Clear as mud.......No but I was trying to figure a way of attaching them all to a "base" then attach that to the undersuit. Perhaps gluing to a fabric of some kind. Then attach the whole thing as 1 piece to the undersuit.

you could do what I'm doing.
attaching THIS to THIS via velcro, omit the old spine in the first pic.
spine ver 2.png 104_0140.JPG

That's some clean foam work there. Wish I could get my edges looking that smooth, what did you use to bevel was it a dremel or sanding belt?

So, for those of you who've been wondering what I've been doing...I got this bad boy almost finished. there's a silver 'laser blast' that needs to be airbrushed, and two little 'vents' in the 2 front cheeks, but that's about it.

it should be delivered to it's new owner within a day or two!
yaay! more time to work on chief! and my friend's ODST...:(
104_0145.JPG

Last edited:
Spine and abs came out very nice. I like seeing these 3D printed builds. I've been wanting to take the plung into the 3D printing, but the learning curve seems a little steep and a little more expensive then foam. I'm going to do it one of these days after seeing printed pieces like these. Look forward to seeing more plus love see the rail gun modeled

yeah, it's a bit costly but the result is flawless if you get it right. (I haven't gotten it perfect yet)
just a suggestion, but I wouldn't recommend xtc-3d. it just doesn't looks as crisp and clean. usually, ABS slurry and bondo will get a good result. it kinda depends on your preference, though.

Cool I've been looking around and was thinking the qidi tech clone of the flash forge for my first printer. But well see when the times comes. AKA wifes consensus

Looks awesome man! I think you just sold me on a printer, I just need to save up for one first. Pepakura's extremely frustrating, especially if you don't have a craft robo.

Looks awesome man! I think you just sold me on a printer, I just need to save up for one first. Pepakura's extremely frustrating, especially if you don't have a craft robo.
yeah, I totally suggest getting one. one recommendation, though. try to get one that doesn't need to have the build plate leveled from time to time. it's a pain in the be-hind.

as far as chief goes, I'm out of filament.:( I've ordered about 6 rolls, so I should have plenty for the journey ahead.

so, until filament arrives, I'll be foam-smithing some stuff.
I'll be foaming a M247, Halo 5 version. pics will arrive tomorrow (when I've got more progress) so keep your eyes peeled!

anyhow, I plan on making this weekend very productive. I'm planning on sanding some MC armor parts, finishing up an ODST, building a M247, etc. lots to do! wish me luck!:D I promise tomorrow will have pics.

thanks, man! I'll probably add some detailing in a day or 2 to make it look a little more presentable.

also, I got filament today, but my printer's extruder is not extruding...:(
I guess for the next day or so, I won't be working on armor.

So this ABS + you speak of does it have any advantages? Im going to need to buy some filament soon. What sucks with my printer is that you have to buy the 3D systems cartridges. But I had one apart because the pla filament that was in the printer had broke right before the feed gear. So I think I wind whatever filament I want onto their cartridges "in theory".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back