405th Community Game Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
This sounds great!

bean away for a while, well, since january, came back to start working on my odst armor again.

Below is a listing of scheduled 405th Community Game Nights, and players signed up to participate. If you would like to play in a Game Night, please post your XBL Gamertag, your location, and your availability. If you would like to offer to host a party, please indicate that in your post. This list will be updated to keep the schedule and sign-up current (other mods feel free to assist here).

The next scheduled Game Night will take place Saturday and Sunday May 16-17, 2009, and will tentatively be hosted by Irandis in the Eastern US, and The Stig in the UK. Additional; parties will be formed as needed. If you would like to host a party, or just want to play, please let us know here by posting here. Once again, we need your 405th name, your XBL gamertag, and your relative location. Play will begin @ 12:00 noon (in each time zone) on Saturday.

The following scheduled 405th Game Night will take place Saturday and Sunday May 23-24, 2009.

405th Community Game Night Sign-Up and Gamertags
Saturday and Sunday May 16 and 17, 2009:

405th name : XBL Gamertag - Location

Party 1: Eastern US
1. Host: Irandis : Irandis - Eastern US

Party 2: Central US
1. Host : Volunteer Needed!

Party 3: UK
1. Host: The Stig : UKz Elimination – UK

These rosters will definitely change throughout the week, these groupings are just a jumping off point since you can't all join one party.

There's a lot of GT's to add here, so be patient if you don't see yourself added immediately. Let me know if you guys have any advice/corrections/suggestions about this.

Advice from Doom:

If you guys are running out of space on your Friends List like I typically do(At 99 right now I believe), Just send the GamerTag "The 405th FL" a friend request as that's got got quite a few of the 405th members and is ever growing. That way you can just have that account on your friends list instead of 50 other people. If you want to hook up with 405th members to play some LIVE, you just view the friends of "The 405th FL" and you'll be able to invite/send messages to everyone on it.

Sounds good Irandis, I'll add you as tentative host for May 2nd.

I've seen many attempts to do this come and go, I really just want to see a regular game night schedule stick.

We need more game hosts to volunteer to lead the other game groups. It's important to do this so that Irandis's group doesn't get overloaded and so that the other groups have a session to join.

Post in here if you want to host any of the other sessions. Also anybody signed up above that wants to clarify their schedule.

Thanks for taking this and running with it guys!
Put me down for May 2nd in the afternoon! I would like to host a party on that date as well, if I could.

GT- TheHumanVoice

Meh! What the heck, I'll host!

I don't have the latest map packs, so if it makes it any easier I can take anyone who doesn't have the Legendary and Mythic map packs and we'll play on Heroic and the basic maps.

I think the only tiny problem would be the time difference: Im GMT obviously, so will that make problems?
Also, I'll be out all day Saturday so If I was to host, I think I can only do it Sunday.

Awesome stuff guys! I can't wait to play! :]

I'm in.
GT: UKz Elimination
I have a good connection and all DLC.
If possible I'd like to volunteer for host.
Preferably a non-full party, So I can get Beth a space in.
As I'd like to have someone in the party I actually know.

I don't have all DLC just Mythic sooo, I guess I'm basically on the non-DLC Group.
You missed mines BTW.

GT: Kolonel KoRn

Syncing up time zones will be tricky. To find out how your time zone matches up with others go here: Time Zone Calculator.

Would it make sense to group players by compatible time zones? Suggestions?

I'm going to wait until after this weekends event to start the roster for the May 2nd Game Night. Anyone interested should still post about it, and I'll just review the thread when updating the OP next week.

Updated 1st post with xxFemaleSpartanxx, The Stiq, and HaloFreakX.

Actually, I think I may be back in town for the Sunday Evening sessions this weekend. Go ahead and put me down for a host on this Sunday evening. See y'all there!

GT- TheHumanVoice

Last edited by a moderator:
Sean Bradley said:
Would it make sense to group players by compatible time zones? Suggestions?

I think Time Zone grouping is a good idea! It would save a lot of hassle, and of being up at rediculous hours in the morning!

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright! Thanks to Sean and many others we are very organised. Thank you to all that have helped, I will try to be on through the week to answer questions if anyone needs help. See you all this weekend! :D :D :D

The time zone thing is a great idea lets do it!

Remember to send me the game films with your group altogether, that way I can post the group screenshots after this weekend. See you all then!

It's StiG not StiQ lol.
Second.
Me and Bethan (xXFemalespartanXx) Are not only mates, but also live in the same time zone, would it not make sense to put us in the same party, Aswell as some other brits participating.
Plus I dont feel like playing with people on my own.
If it gets me in Beths party i wont be Host.

Alright... Agreed.

I'll start re-grouping by Time zone for everyone who I can determine what zone they're in. Maybe I'll just start setting them up via zone.

Update pending.

ROFL that took some major sorting out! Sounds sweet though :]

Would it be possible for IIBLiiTZERII to be put into the GMT time zone party? (The one with the marine helmet who's NEVER online) We just organised to play local on sunday - he'll recover his gamertag on my 360 and bring his headset. His gamertag is the same as his 405th username - he just couldn't be bothered to log into the forums. Men! :rolleyes :lol:

How exactly are we going to get it started..? Like just send invites on the day its happening ooor what? Just kinda wondering how we're going to approach this.

"Stiqs friend beth"
Is xXFemaleSpartanXx"
She's Switching parties to join mine as we're both in the same timezone.
Plus once again, StiG not StiQ.

Bethan you cheeky mare! just because i didnt log on and give my details as soon as you mentioned it!

like beth said, ill play local at hers but i might take my hard drive down which has all DLC except the mythic maps if that helps at all. Also im GMT, so if i could replace anyone in beths party it would help big time. I am also going to be playin at hers from probably around 1 or 2 in the afternoon, which is 8 or 9 in the morning EST, so i wont be that invlolved until late.

GT: II BLiiTZER II
405th name is same as GT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back