405th D*C Get Together

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be at Dragoncon this year! I've already signed up for the parade. I'm working on my armor everyday to get it ready. A get together would be awesome.

im definitely down for the food court idea, or one of the close or host hotel restaurants. we also have been to a nice restaurant / karaoke bar right next to one of the host hotels. a TON of costumers flock there and do karaoke. the first year i went i saw luke skywalker singing amish paradise. yes. AMISH paradise.

im definitely down for the food court idea, or one of the close or host hotel restaurants. we also have been to a nice restaurant / karaoke bar right next to one of the host hotels. a TON of costumers flock there and do karaoke. the first year i went i saw luke skywalker singing amish paradise. yes. AMISH paradise.

What's the name of the restaurant, and what would be a good day and time to meet up you think?

Last year was my first year going to D*Con, but from my experience, the food court gets very, very busy! It's just tons of lines and people. We would go there, everyone grab what they want to eat and go take it to one of the middle levels in the Mariott Marquis where there were big round tables and eat there. Not a lot of people and room to sit down (in costume).

Yeah!

Yeah I'm definitely going to be there, but Saturday I'm going as Issac Clarke. I'll be Linda-058 though on Friday. So I'll have my suit. Maybe I'll just wear my Issac rig and my Spartan helmet if we all decide to meet up Saturday. Lol.

i dont know the name of it. its a cafe / diner thats right beside another restaurant called Azio Downtown on Andrew Young International Blvd NE. Its about 2.5 blocks away from the Hyatt. I used google street view but the sign was too blurry to be able to make out. if this does become the plan then we can always just meet at they hyatt lobby and march down together.

Can we confirm if this is indeed for lunch? Or is it just a meetup in the lobby to chit chat? I ask because I'm planning my trip and want to know if I should eat before or wait until the meeting.

Meeting at the lobby, then going to lunch that way we get everyone together and we can all go to wherever we want to eat at the same time. Which when we eat I'm sure we'll be chit-chatting.

Friday at 1 huh, I'll see if I can make it. Me and my brother should be there early because he has to go buy his membership at the door. I pre-ordered mines.

Hey! I'll do my best to make the meet-up. I'm driving from Memphis and I have to get my membership at the door. If I'm lucky I'll hustle into costume. I'll be Sister from Red vs. Blue and my boyfriend will be Doc. I'm excited now~

if not everyone can make it to the one on friday, we can always try to pull a second one together when everything is winding down on sunday. id say that we should just stick together after the parade and do it then, but saturday is usually packed with panels that everyone wants to see.

yeah and some people are marching w/ other groups during the parade, I just gotta confirm w/ some others but I think friday will be good. I gotta check when we're doing the RE patrol

Ok,i will hopefully be going.
Ive got a room, and will get a ticket prolly at the door.:(
Im working on a ride right now.
Hopefully when i go my sith group Friday i can find a ride.

And ill hopefully have a marine, but im not counting on it.
(haven't even started yet,)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back