405th D*C Get Together

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like we have the inklings of a start of the beginning of a preliminary plan! ;)

Just to clear up any confusion, this would be Saturday evening probably around 6:00 PM (give or take). Saturday night tends to be a big "show off your stuff" night - especially at the Mariott. There are also a lot of parties that night - last year I think most of us bailed and got out of costume around 1:00 AM and there were still plenty of people going strong. Meeting up for dinner beforehand helps to get everyone on the same page as far as meeting up later, not to mention getting some quality facetime with your fellow 405th'ers.

There is usually not a whole lot of "relaxing" going on before the parade - it may step off at 10 but we need to be in place and organized as a group long before then. It is also a 10-20 minute hike (with traffic) depending on your hotel location so plan accordingly. If you have never worn your kit for an actual "march" the walk to the parade start may bring some issues up and you need to allow some time for last-minute patches. It usually takes longer than you would think to get everyone in one place. There are literally THOUSANDS of people in the parade, not to mention the spectators so keep your eyes peeled for Halo gear.

I'm glad that I will be able to make it this year and big thanks to the members that helped make it possible - I'm really looking forward to it!

@Nintendude - I missed your message earlier. Why don't you hit me up at "dogwizard01 "at" yahoo.com" - thanks!

I'll send you a e-mail in just a sec and so far it looks like the general meeting time and place is at 6 at the food court somewhere.

Ok it would'nt let me edit my post but that could be because my internet is going super slow, after getting a e-mail back from DogWizard we will all meet at the Marriott Tunnel Entrance to the Food Court area at 6PM we will wait about 10 minutes for those who may be late before going on ahead to the food court to eat. You can be in costume, wearing a 405th T-Shirt, or if you don't have one or the other just show up casual dress and let people know who you are. If anyone has any questions feel free to click my name to e-mail me.

so it went from a friday lunch to a friday dinner? I might not be able to attend then, I think I have a conflicting group dinner over @ the hardrock

so it went from a friday lunch to a friday dinner? I might not be able to attend then, I think I have a conflicting group dinner over @ the hardrock

Amancue this would be for Saturday Night at 6PM at the Marriott Entrance to the Food Court not Friday, the change was made because it would be easier on some people and I also had to change it because I am now having to do things around the time frame that was set for Friday, setting it up for Saturday would also make it work for people that have things going on Friday and I know Zonbi said they would'nt be in until late Friday so this was the best option.
@Soul-Drinker I think the Aquarium event is either at 7 or 8 Saturday evening, but if I remember they are also doing it Sunday as well.

Yeah I think it's 7 or 730. I dunno. I'll try to make it. I'll be dressed as Isaac from Dead Space though in preparation for the aquarium. Unless my gang goes out to sushi that night.

i just realized the world record attempt for most superheroes in the same room is that night. i might be showing up to the get together as scarlet spider.

Goosebot I just checked on my other group site the SCF which I am Vagabond2008 there, the site is saying that the doors for the Guiness event will open at 1:00PM and close at 2:30PM at the Westin Grand Ballroom so I think you should have plenty of time with our event being at 6PM on that day. I also updated the first post with the new information for the get together Saturday evening.

Yeah even if i cant eat dinner because of the aquarium thing, I'll try and show up for an hour or so in my Isaac rig just to talk and mingle. And perhaps see you guys after that.

Just to clear up any confusion, this would be Saturday evening probably around 6:00 PM (give or take). Saturday night tends to be a big "show off your stuff" night - especially at the Mariott.

Amancue this would be for Saturday Night at 6PM at the Marriott Entrance to the Food Court not Friday, the change was made because it would be easier on some people and I also had to change it because I am now having to do things around the time frame that was set for Friday, setting it up for Saturday would also make it work for people that have things going on Friday and I know Zonbi said they would'nt be in until late Friday so this was the best option.

Ok, so is a gathering on Saturday 6pm at the Marriott entrance set in stone? I ask because I'm trying to coordinate with my group with relation to all the individual things we'd like to do on our own, and I know the time and day for the 405th meetup has changed a time or two. I definitely want to meet up with you guys at the big group meeting / show-off, so I'm just curious to know if this is finalized or not.

As close as D*C is to starting I have no future plans to change the time and day, it is still going to be Saturday at 6PM, meeting at the Marriot Tunnel Entrance to the Food Court. Only a little over a week left before D*C begins everyone.

I would just like people to know that while waiting in line, I will have my DS with a game that contains many different games. The best part? Anyone else who wants to play only has to do the "Download Game" from the DS menu, and you can play wirelessly for free. This offer goes for people waiting in line anytime between 2PM and 4PM. I'm not sure exactly when I will be up there, but if you search the DS wireless network and find a download for something, it's probably me. Another sign is to look for the Red or White glowstick wielding Russian. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back