A 14 Year Old's Reach Foam Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
So after a year or so, I finally had incentive to finish part of the suit. This insentive came to me yesterday. at 3 o'clock. and I had made no progress since last year. soooo I had 7 hours to look sweet so I could wear some thing to school. I did it. over 7 hours, I made both arms, painted everything, and strapped it all up to make it last through one school day pretty well. I was even able to let people try it on! anyway, im sure all you want are pictures, so:
276c92f9-03c9-4287-a318-507f22afd04b.jpg

f99bc551-63cc-4b41-a591-4220f4600a66.jpg

c1238a19-2cd0-4823-a48c-d86c76f8a0a7.jpg

Posing with the classmates!
d6f5a166-16c4-4657-86b9-f8be5f0cab91.jpg

Somebody "sniped" me during lunch...
7a4e403b-32c4-47b2-af3c-b0133ddd3a99.jpg

I let some of my friends try it on! we kinda got silly haha
screenshot_2013-10-31-12-53-21.png

aaannd im not going to post the other one, cause idk if its nsfw or not soo ill just exclude it haha
anyway, tell me what you think! I probably wont be working on it anymore as only a few people recognized the reach suit as halo 4 is all the rage now, so heres to future projects!

Soo i lied when i said i was done with it haha i decided to make progress and I Painted the thighs and cod and helmet, will probaby redo them ater
515cad5e-375c-4b83-817c-5f41ed472071.jpg

and its pretty much as done as its gunna get haha
front.jpg

back_view.jpg

Post your comments and criticisms below! maybe ill fix some stuff! or eventually make shins in another 2 years lmao.

Great work man your suit is turning out great. You have to get the shins done, but in good time, no need to rush things. I hope you do cause would be great to see it all finished :)

Great work man your suit is turning out great. You have to get the shins done, but in good time, no need to rush things. I hope you do cause would be great to see it all finished :)

Thanks man! and I will eventually, I mean, it took two years for me to start it up again haha, from 14, to 16 now! I love your tutorials and ironman build by the way! cant wait to see how that Mk V turns out!

You should totally finish the armor! I've been on my CQB armor for three years (I think, lol) so I know how it is. Keep building on it. We'd all like to see your finished suit! :D

You should totally finish the armor! I've been on my CQB armor for three years (I think, lol) so I know how it is. Keep building on it. We'd all like to see your finished suit! :D

I might! im currently working on an ironman suit for next year, plan to make it shoot silly string at crowds during football games

i'm 12 and i'm building a odst suit..

that's really impressive! keep on it! Ive been making costumes for 6 years now and every suit ive built have helped me get to where I am today! hope to see a thread by you sometime soon!

I never posted pictures of the painted helmet! well, some info on it, it was made to fit 14 year old me. now im 16, and have a remarkably bigger head. it doesn't fit anymore :/ thought id paint it so I could display it with the suit! I never fiberglassed it, resined it, even smooth casted it, I just hotglued some foam in there so it keeps it shape while I paint it! I probably ownt be getting a visor anytime soon, so I may just spraypaint the paper one a chromish blue. eventually.

Pictures!
dsc_0069.jpg

dsc_0070.jpg

dsc_0071.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back