Abc Warrior Head (judge Dredd) 1:1 Scale

Status
Not open for further replies.

MINZEZ

Jr Member
Ok. I've been floating around for a while, but never registered until a few days ago to post some ironman pep files people were looking for, that no one seemed to have (It's always nice to help). So HI.

Anyway. Basically, I have been wanting to make an ABC warrior head for quite a while, and now I have the time. Only problem is that I don't know the exact size of it. I have quite a lot of reference pics, and there is a topic in the RPF by sir round with lots of progress pics (Here http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=255...ht=abc+warrior). But as far as I know, he never finished it (not on the RPF anyway). My idea is to make a 3D model of it first (maybe in lightwave) and then possibly pep it myself. If not, im sure someone here will pep it once it is done. But before any of it can begin I need to know the L:B:H of it. So if anyone knows, can they please provide this info. I beleive the art of judge dredd book has this info in it, but im unsure as I don't own it. Also, anymore reference pic's would be great (especially of the underside. As I don't have any of this), as you can never have enough. I know someone made one of these before (Not this one http://www.monstersinmotion.com/catalog/pr...ducts_id/12389). I just can't find the webpage with it on it anymore. They even made a cast but I can't find that either. Any help appreciated.
I know it will be difficult to pep, but hey. You don't know if you can do it without trying. Right?

Ps: Anyone know the size of the Tsukuda model head (Not the most accurate model thou)? I can figure out a rough estimate of a full size head from it, until I get better measurements.
Thanks

Edit: @ Chip475: Yeah I know. Alot of people would say im :confused:. But so what. We all are. Arent we? No? Just me? Oh well!
No I don't want to wear it. I never thought of that. Don't know how it would look if you were wearing it. Probably weird, as you would see alot of someones face.
I found out the ABC warrior is around 108 inches tall, so around 9 feet. So, judging from the picture you posted. Can you give a more accurate guess? Will start on the model soon and post updates when I can. Just need the height of the head to be able to scale the features properly. From looking at a picture I have, the width of the head is about 6/16ths of the height of the head, from cheek to cheek if that helps.
Thanks for the reply.

That is gonna be a hell of a build, man.

i googled it, and I found this.

In the right side theres him with a woman.

I think he is about 7-8 feet tall.

That makes the head about 1- 1 1/2 foot tall

Is this what you are looking for?

dou you want to wear it, because that would make it even harder.

I have never heard of ABC warrior, so I don't know what a fan knows.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its from the movie "Judge Dread" It was one of the coolest effects/pieces in the movie. It was a battle driod that was used in the war before everyone on the planet packed and stacked into the mega cities.

A little update. I cant post pictures of what I have modeled as I have started again. The first one went a bit funny and it was easier to just start again. Got most of the jaw done on the new one, but it will need a few tweaks here and there. The sides at the back look a little to thick.

Anyway i have a question about the two pics bellow. In the first pic: the part that I have highlighted that connects to the piston seems to be seperate on each side. Meaning there is a gap in the middle of these two pieces. (sorry but every other pic this part is either hidden or only partialy visable) But in the other pic (found the mould) the two seem to be joined along the base of the skull. So it looks to me to be one piece. Is it just my eyes or does it look like that to everyone else. I would really like a pic from underneath but I haven't found any :(/sad.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />.

Any help on the height of the head is still appreciated. Once I have that everything should fall into place :)/smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />.

I would like to point out that this the first pic is not the most accurat model, as the piston does not connect there. But what can you do :rolleyes/rolleyes.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes' />" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

abc20011.gif

abc03.gif

Edit: Sorry for not posting in a while. But still no updates that are worth showing (got addicted to prototype so haven't worked on it). Will have pics posted in the next couple of days. Hopefully sunday at the latest. Got pics posted in this though (Eventually) so that you can see what im talking about instead of the pain in the butt links.

2nd edit: Only one day late!

Not much to show as I haven't done much work on it in the past couple of days. I made some slight changes to the jaw but it is nealy finished. I know the part where the bottom teeth are supposed to be is not horizontal but it is helping me with the rest of the head and will be corrected when I have the rest of the head finished. Working on the head now.

I know that it is made up of different colours, It just helps me see what I'm doing better.

jaw1.jpg

jaw2f.jpg

jaw3.jpg

jaw4.jpg

But looking at the jaw with what I have for the head, it looks slightly off. But I will finish the rest of the head and then decide if it looks off.

I just found out that I have Judge Dredd on DVD. I got it quite a while ago but forgot about it. It should help me with making this. I should look at my DVDs more.

Update edit: Due to slight complications with the predator skull I am working on ABC warrior head again. I am also working on an ironman pep model, so I will post updates when I can. I won't be able to work on it from the start august to the end of august because I will need to do some work for university. So if it is not finished for the beggining of august the next update will be september.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back