Alix965's (neglected) M6g WIP*Pic heavy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm actually really to have found this post as I will be doing guns too with rigid insulation foam as a base and didn't see any other projects like it :p
Sooo, i'll be checking you up while you finish yours and will be making mine on the side too!

I'm actually really to have found this post as I will be doing guns too with rigid insulation foam as a base and didn't see any other projects like it :p
Sooo, i'll be checking you up while you finish yours and will be making mine on the side too!
Coolness. I've learned so much thorugh trial and error since I started it that I want to start a new one just to apply the techniques I've picked up, but then I would NEVER finish this one. It doesn't help that I insist on getting all the angles by hand (no dremel tool).

@Sumofl. Semi-AP with the straight casing seems to be the favored round. It also seems like the most conventioanla...I guess the others appear too wonky.

Nice build, especially like the mag. Looks like your trigger fits in nice and smooth, probaly moves smoothly too. I'll say this, you do a better job with foam than I ever could. My medium has to be rigid. Iwanted to put a straight moving trigger on my pistol, but the magazine took up all that space.
As for your bullets, I think I prefer the necked case, that conveys to me power and accuracy, like the .357 SIG (I so want one of those) Stopping myself from going off on a gun tangent, the bullet should be like the hollow point, with a pointed steel core in the middle, giving it the advantage of a hollow point and a penetrator, thus semi-armor peircing. I might do that to my bullets after I get them casted, maybe, I dunno, we'll see. I like what you did with the ball berings.

Nice build, especially like the mag. Looks like your trigger fits in nice and smooth, probaly moves smoothly too. I'll say this, you do a better job with foam than I ever could. My medium has to be rigid. Iwanted to put a straight moving trigger on my pistol, but the magazine took up all that space.
As for your bullets, I think I prefer the necked case, that conveys to me power and accuracy, like the .357 SIG (I so want one of those) Stopping myself from going off on a gun tangent, the bullet should be like the hollow point, with a pointed steel core in the middle, giving it the advantage of a hollow point and a penetrator, thus semi-armor peircing. I might do that to my bullets after I get them casted, maybe, I dunno, we'll see. I like what you did with the ball berings.

Thanks for the insightful comments. I agree with you on the rigid medium it seems to take planing and machining better. My angles were a pain in the*. As far as the rounds, an upsized 357 sig would look pretty rad. The cone shaped bullet is kinda weird but from what I understand, that is what an armor piercing round looks like.
I punched holes in the foamcore and then pushed the BBs in and used white glue to hold them in place until I added the faux rubber coat.

Holy freaking crap, this is awesome.
THANK YOU and Holy crap yerself mister! I've been tracking YOUR m6 build very closely. I'm pretty sure you're the only one who has attempted a modular pep pistol build-lookin' good by the way. I'm very interested to see how it turns out.

Nicely done so far :D I always wonder, how people could build such amazing things :O. Nice work, mate. keep it up!

This isn't really an update just a rant I guess.
Yesterday I went into my closet with a great deal of excitement I might add, to start molding and casting the Autumn and parts of the M6. But when I brought out my Smooth-On Stash I found that the a whole container of silicone rubber part A had somehow gelled into a big blue blob. My heart sank thinking that maybe it was a 'skin', I poked at it until I was sure of what I suspected....the WHOLE FARKIN' thing was a solid.

So now oddly enough, when I am no longer procrastinating and in fact rarin' to go,I HAVE to wait. Oh fate you certainly are a cruel bitch mistress.http://www.cutelaughs.com/Funny_Animal_Pictures/Cruel World.jpg

Awesome looking build so far, really sucks to hear about your molding stuff though

As a side note, i think the round was supposed to be designated as a SAP-HE (semi armor piercing - high explosive)

i think the round was supposed to be designated as a SAP-HE (semi armor piercing - high explosive)

that's the correct designation.

it's a hollow point round that does a light amount body armor penetrating and high expolsive damage......effective on jackals/skirmishers and grunts

86470e41.jpg

Imma clean the edges on this thing before I mold it. Well, here it is.

0173bbef.jpg

and this is a functioning piece right? like the slide actually "slides"?
it doesn't right now, It's at the large paperweight stage. If I had made the peices diferent and then tried to mate them, I woulda wound up with a huge mess on my hands. There are member that can accomplish building the parts that complete the whole (I'm lookin at you Tactonyx) but I'm not one of them. Not yet at least. But yes the ultimate goal of this thing is slide racks, striker fires and magazine releases.
Thanks for looking. I wish I could just get a block of time to finish her up. That and casting and molding my Autmn and my shotgun. Unfortunately I tend to go into hermit mode when I'm building and that's not very conducive to wife and kids...for me at least it isn't .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back