Amateur Odst Helmet 90% Finished

Status
Not open for further replies.

MassacreM45

Hi all, this is the first topic of a project I have posted but not the first thing I have made.
Its pretty sketchy but Im making another one and will take more time on it and have all the right materials after christmas. Tell me what you think!​
<div align="center"><div align='center'></div>[attachment=7334:2008_112...ping0001.JPG]</div>

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you.
I know its warped and I plan to fix it once I have the right equipment and i did make the fatal mistake of fiberglassing the outside but i plan to make my second improved helmet correctly. And its good to see another aussie, do you live on the northern beaches?

MassacreM45 said:
Thank you.
I know its warped and I plan to fix it once I have the right equipment and i did make the fatal mistake of fiberglassing the outside but i plan to make my second improved helmet correctly. And its good to see another aussie, do you live on the northern beaches?

It's not really a sin to fiberglass the outside, especially if you're gonna go over it with bondo. Generally though you wanna resin the outside and then put the matting on the inside.

MassacreM45 said:
Thank you.

Nah Western Suburbs. But yeah us Aussies are pretty rare.

i think that loks good. yeah ther is warp but its pretty good. i m liking the paint job
That's fiberglass texture XD

ILikeCats said:

no i ment the colours lol i knew what the textures were. i like the black with grey. its a good combonation. plus i like it that the grey is just like a mix in and itsnot a scratch kinda thing,

ILikeCats said:
Nah Western Suburbs. But yeah us Aussies are pretty rare.

Actually even though i fiberglassed it on the outside, i covered it in filler and the texture is the paint i used.
People who think the helmet looks different to in game are right, i just customised it a bit.
Thank you all for your comments

Just now seeing this. Good start... and you can fix the appearance (warping and fiberglass texture that is) a little with some bondo, so no trouble there. Keep it going!

Nice. I haven't had a chance to try my hand at pep, but i plan to soon. I goin' to do the gears of war armor. Wishing luck, toddler911

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back