ATTENTION NEW (and existing) MEMBERS! READ THIS NOW PLEASE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, so I'm a total noob, and I'm wanting to make a Noble Six Costume. I tried doing Pepakura before, but the cuts were too xmall, so I'm gonna try carving out of Foam Rubber instead. How do I start?

OK, so I'm a total noob, and I'm wanting to make a Noble Six Costume. I tried doing Pepakura before, but the cuts were too xmall, so I'm gonna try carving out of Foam Rubber instead. How do I start?

Watch this video and read the accompanying thread: http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/28434-Foam-Armoring

Then type 'eva foam' in the search window at the top of this page and read some of the WIP threads that will show up.

Good luck with your build.

hey guys & gals any idea were's the best place to post pics of a helmet unfold for peeps to veiw and comment on please... as i dont want to double post thanks... :)

i'm reading the stuff you guys have posted it seems easy but i'm a little slow lol but ya never know until a try, alotta rules, alotta confusion....well for me

I love the structure u guys have set up here, lol, as I stated on the orientation vid thread :p As a noob trying to figure out where to start I do have a recommendation though. Either number the help stickies according to when in the creation process they become most relevant or lock them in said order on the board so they don't move around based on replies.

They are deliberately not easy to find and use.

This site was conceived to provide a forum to help people to share information about designing and building Halo themed costumes, not a buy and sell site. The rules state that once you have been on the site for a while and have made contributions to the community as a whole you will be promoted to "infantryman" and given access. Did you watch the video and read the site rules? Have you read the "NOOB Reading List"? ( http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/30542-NOOB-reading-list )

They are deliberately not easy to find and use.

This site was conceived to provide a forum to help people to share information about designing and building Halo themed costumes, not a buy and sell site. The rules state that once you have been on the site for a while and have made contributions to the community as a whole you will be promoted to "infantryman" and given access. Did you watch the video and read the site rules? Have you read the "NOOB Reading List"? ( http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/30542-NOOB-reading-list )

Come to think of it... I still have yet to do that! Thank's RK, I'll get back on that!

Thank you Magnum for pointing out the major stickies to look for. It made my life SO much easier, and a lot of questions I had filtering in my head just suddenly seemed to go away. You must have magic fingers :p

Well, I imagine the noobs haven't been restricted due to some forums settings still not being tended to, but I'm sure it will be addressed in time. In the mean time, we ask everyone to direct new members to this section to 'get started'.

liuying1.jpg

liuying2.jpg

liuying3.jpg

hey when do u get upgraded to veteran. i have a been with 405th for like 6months and i havent been upgraded yet. so i was just wandern when i would get upgraded.

liuying1.jpg

liuying2.jpg

liuying3.jpg

hey when do u get upgraded to veteran. i have a been with 405th for like 6months and i havent been upgraded yet. so i was just wandern when i would get upgraded.

liuying1.jpg

liuying2.jpg

liuying3.jpg

I believe you have to contribute to the Community. There's a lot of stuff going on on the 405th that could do with some assistance. And I became a full fledged Infantryman after a year and a half. But that's just me.

unless it has changed, 100 posts = vet

I'm pretty sure it's not just post count, but also time spent as a member. I did not get Infantryman until I had 300+ posts. So post count is not the only and most reliable way to become a Veteran. As far as I know, only the mods and admin know the requirements for sure.

Perhaps you've been a registered member for 6 months, but with less than 10 posts, do you really feel like you are a contributing member of the community? The point of this site is to share and discuss armor making, not the end goal of just becoming "Infantryman".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back